Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Can I upgrade a CO L-class fare with WP Miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2009, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, Priority Club Gold, Choice Privileges Gold

I seem to get conflicting and incomplete info from the NW website. I am not elite, flying IAH-LIM, a non domestic, non-BusinessFirst route. The flight has upgrade inventory available according to CO. I'd prefer to figure it out in advance before I waste time on the phone with NW.

Thanks

dls25
Old Sep 8, 2009, 10:46 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by dls25
I seem to get conflicting and incomplete info from the NW website. I am not elite, flying IAH-LIM, a non domestic, non-BusinessFirst route. The flight has upgrade inventory available according to CO. I'd prefer to figure it out in advance before I waste time on the phone with NW.

Thanks

dls25
If there is upgrade inventory on that flight you should be able to upgrade using NW miles. There is no minimum CO fare class that can be upgraded, although there may be a co-pay (service fee) with an L fare if you're not elite. You need to call NW to do this and they will have to reissue your ticket. IME NW won't always see the upgrade inventory and you need to "encourage" the agent to contact CO directly to confirm that it is available.

Please post your experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.