Wiki Posts
Search

Bizzare 'upgrade' notification

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2009, 6:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Bizzare 'upgrade' notification

Has anyone seen this before? I tried to search.

I am on a CRJ200 tonight IND-LGA. Last night I got two texts that said the following:

Code:
Elite upgrade not available, standby full / F Class full / IND-LGA Flt NW2230 / standby full
Strange that NW would notify me that an upgrade is not available.

Then a 3AM this morning, I get a phone call from NW. 'We are calling to notify about your elite upgrade'. I hung up, now I wish i would have listened to what they said.

I don't see any other signs of an equipment change, still have the same seat assignment.

What's going on??
Old Jul 23, 2009, 7:56 am

Programs: ua 1k, hh diamond, spg PLT, marriott PLT
i got a call at 6am this morning telling me that i DID NOT get upgraded for my flight today...
Old Jul 23, 2009, 9:15 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/north...gone-wild.html
Old Jul 23, 2009, 12:34 pm

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
Has anyone seen this before? I tried to search.

I am on a CRJ200 tonight IND-LGA. Last night I got two texts that said the following:

Code:
Elite upgrade not available, standby full / F Class full / IND-LGA Flt NW2230 / standby full
Strange that NW would notify me that an upgrade is not available.

Then a 3AM this morning, I get a phone call from NW. 'We are calling to notify about your elite upgrade'. I hung up, now I wish i would have listened to what they said.

I don't see any other signs of an equipment change, still have the same seat assignment.

What's going on??
I've received messages like this a lot -- and send them to a phone that doesn't ring during the night, but which I can check when I feel like it.

Bob H
Old Jul 23, 2009, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
These messages aren't anything new. I have received them for at least the last several years. Very rarely, thankfully. If you get the full text email message it lists your flight info, then says "First Class Upgrade Status: Added to First Class standby list. Upgrade not available. To view your placement on the upgrade list within 24 hours of departure, please click here."

To me, that's a pretty useful service. I would agree, though, that a phone message in the middle of the night telling you that you don't yet have an upgrade is silly at best.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 1:40 pm

Programs: DL Plat, YX Miles Exec, CO Plat, HH Gold
They must be futzing with the notification software and not testing it well. I got a notification the other day that I was bumped to F on both segments of my flight MSP-SEA and MSP-SEA Problem is I was going MKE-MSP-AUS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.