Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Is the EQM Giveaway making you try for a higher level?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2009, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM

It seems many of us on here received some form of EQM in the recent giveaway bonanza. DL's marketing team seems to have succeded with me in getting me to add 1 or 2 trips this year I wouldn't otherwise consider because it will push me over the bar for Gold, as a 3 year Silver. I feel cornered into it with the giveaway and the card EQMs to retain some shot at an upgrade. I know many FTers here are Plats who this may not impact, but is anyone else out there now close enough to add on a MR or 2 to bump up a level?
Old Jul 16, 2009, 8:28 pm
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
No. The EQM giveaway might push me over to PM. But I truly don't care and will make no effort to find ways to bump up the total.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 9:05 pm

Kinda depends. With the EQM giveaway and one more trip this month I'll be around 68K. Plat again won't be an issue, but this 4th 'mystery level' I'm certainly not going to spend a lot out of pocket for.. if I knew it was 100K, sure maybe take a extra flight or two to reach that, but I'd hate to hit that 100K and find out the 'mystery level' is at 125k

So until I know for sure, it's travel as usual
Old Jul 16, 2009, 9:09 pm

Programs: Delta gold, United silver
Same as PhoenixFlyer . . . I'm already plat again, but wish I knew what to aim for re the mysterious next level.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 9:21 pm

Programs: NW Plat, DL 2 MM Flying Colonel, AA EXP MM, CO,NW,UA, MM, Hilton, Hyatt Diamond, QF Club Lifetime
The EQM Giveaway was an excellent opportunity for me
to make Executive Platinum on AA.
Now, I have a choice.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 9:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Well I had been thinking about pushing to another threshold even though I'm past Plat for next year, then these things happened:

1. Elite Extra perks lost the carryover EQM award.
2. Rumor - 4th level likely to be a big jump over Plat at 125K
3. DL check in counters stopped serving Elites taking NW flts.

Given these factors I just can't see making any effort to invest in this relationship. DL seems to think they can change the game at whim without consequence. Its time to show them otherwise.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 9:48 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond (MM), Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by redtailshark
No. The EQM giveaway might push me over to PM. But I truly don't care and will make no effort to find ways to bump up the total.
PM or PE? Someone been drinking the Delta Kool-Aid?
Old Jul 16, 2009, 10:10 pm

Programs: DL PM, HHonors Gold
No, there was about a 50% chance I would make PE this year, and now thats basically 100% with the rest of my work travel.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 10:33 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Not really trying harder, but really wish I knew what I was shooting for beyond Plt.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 10:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
When the giveaway was announced, I booked travel with the goal to make sure I was plat this year and come back to NW/DL.

With the increasing loss of service on NW/DL, especially with regards to meals in F being reduced in both hours and mileage, food in the clubs being reduced, and loss of the 10 PM flight into EAU, my current goal is now to make 100k and comp to UA/AA and possibly CO, then have a year of cheapest airline ticket possible followed by probably base-elite on two or three airlines and continuing the cheapest ticket possible program.

NW/DL has effectively removed any incentive for loyalty.

The only hope I see is they at least give me my food back, or the 4th tier is 100k and ... actually, no still no food, so really, just give me my food back.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 2:00 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Not me! To be fair, it's still fairly early in the year and some additional travel for work may come up, but as it stands now, I was going to be Gold next year and with the giveaway I will still be Gold. I'm not doing any MR's and I'm not even trying for Plat. DL SM sucks.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 3:09 am

Basically no.

But it's incentivizing me to claim awards asap. 3 J tickets TPAC and TATL in the last 3 months. 2 more shortly...
Old Jul 17, 2009, 6:03 am

I was originally booked/planned about 65K in travel, I received 10K free so I will most likely make Platinum. I had been debating whether or not to mileage run for that status anyway, but recently been leaning away from it owing to the new mysterious 4th tier, which considerably reduces the appeal of Platinum status.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 7:05 am

Programs: NW Plat; DL; UA; CO; AA; AXP Plat; SPG Gold; HHonors Silver
I'm sitting at 74,3xx thanks to the 10k giveaway. I'm certainly going to take one more flight this year to achieve Plat status.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 7:27 am

Programs: TK Elite (*G), DL Gold (MM)
I've received nothing from any of the recent EQM giveaways. As I mentioned in one of the other threads, it's only served to reinforce my decision to bolt for Continental with the 2010 program year (with whom I just did a status match to Platinum).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.