Community
Wiki Posts
Search

dtw fnt travel experience

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2009, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, Airtran Elite, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hertz Presidents Circle, SPG PLAT; Hilton Gold
dtw fnt travel experience

Have I got a doosy of a story for you all - - wanted some insight on what compensation you all think I should ask for/be entitled too on this experience.

Last Thursday I was on the 1040p from DTW FNT. (pinnacle - worst regional). First off Pinnacle had a bunch of late planes - so they shuffled aircraft, moved our gate and delayed our flight til 11:15pm. We finally board and everything normal - fly up to flint - get ALMOST there then you see a turn and before you know it - we're heading back to metro - - They claimed Landing gear problems (ok - better safe than sorry) upon arrival back to DTW there were no emergency vehicles, nothing with lights or sirens at all which makes me suspicious. In the mean time we had NO announcements from the flight crew at all.

so back to metro and they actually have another plane for us - next door departure time 1:05am. about 1:40 we board. then the crew says - not enough fuel - we'll have to fuel up, ok fine, so we wait til about 2am - fueled and ready - taxi ALL the way to ther runway - (10 min worth) then they said - - utttt crew timed out - - -back to the gate - -

in the mean time the gate agent that was there was the rudest most abnoxious agent I have encountered in a long time, wouldn't help us and was mean.

so by this time its about 3am. then we find out they will get us a bus - but not until about 3:50 did it show up.

by the time it showed up and got us to flint it was about 5:30-6am on friday.

The manager in detroit said the flight crew and I quote "fooled around in the bathroom and that pinnacle does this all the time" and thats why they timed out.

ok - couple questions

1. what type of compensation am i entitled too or should I ask for
2. they KNEW that crew would time out so why did they put us on the plane and taxi us out - -we could have gotten home quicker if we did not waste another 2 hours fooling around on a plane that wasn't ever going to leave anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.