Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Confirmed: NW Elites 2nd Class on DL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Confirmed: NW Elites 2nd Class on DL

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2009, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
I can't really detect a pattern here. I bought a ticket on nwa,com (012 stock) for me and a companion. The outbound were DL coded, NW operated flights. No upgrade in advance, and upgrade at OLCI failed even though there were more than 2 R seats available. Plat line said it was a known problem with the DL coding and nothing could be done. It was not clear whether the problem was due to the companion or whether I would have been denied even if I was alone on the PNR. In the end, we were 1 and 2 on the upgrade standby list for both flights and we got our upgrades at the gate.

The return flights were DL coded, DL operated. NW ticket. After the outbound flights, I split the PNR and I got upgraded 5 days out on both return flights. Companion upgrade at the airport was refused as it was a U fare, but on both flights there were empty seats in F and the FA moved my companion up.

In about 10 days I have a NW-ticketed, DL-coded, NW-operated flight. No one else on PNR. It will be interesting to see what happens.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by Stripe
I can't really detect a pattern here. I bought a ticket on nwa,com (012 stock) for me and a companion. The outbound were DL coded, NW operated flights. No upgrade in advance, and upgrade at OLCI failed even though there were more than 2 R seats available. Plat line said it was a known problem with the DL coding and nothing could be done. It was not clear whether the problem was due to the companion or whether I would have been denied even if I was alone on the PNR. In the end, we were 1 and 2 on the upgrade standby list for both flights and we got our upgrades at the gate.

The return flights were DL coded, DL operated. NW ticket. After the outbound flights, I split the PNR and I got upgraded 5 days out on both return flights. Companion upgrade at the airport was refused as it was a U fare, but on both flights there were empty seats in F and the FA moved my companion up.

In about 10 days I have a NW-ticketed, DL-coded, NW-operated flight. No one else on PNR. It will be interesting to see what happens.
Stripe - please keep us posted on the upgrades for your ticket in 10 days.

Keeping the Energizer bunny going and repeating what has been said on this board a million times now, avoid codeshares at all costs if you want upgrades. Codeshares are causing huge problems right now. I'm sure you knew that though

-RM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.