Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

20% Discount on Renewing "Sky Club" Membership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2009, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
WorldClubs 20% renewal discount

Just got an e-mail from NW regarding the conversion of World Clubs and Crown Room Clubs to Sky Clubs. Perhaps the most significant piece of information was this:
Renew your membership now* and save 20% by referencing enrollment source code DSC20. Then, forward this e-mail to friends and family so they too can enjoy the 20% savings.

[. . .]

* If you renew now, prior to the expiration date of your current membership, the length of the membership you purchase will be added to your current expiration date.
The rest of the e-mail:
Lounging in Detroit, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Frankfurt, Santiago or Tokyo has never been easier.

We're integrating our WorldClubs® into the Crown Room Club® network to create one truly global airport lounge — Delta Sky ClubTM.

Over the coming months, you'll notice updated Delta Sky Club branding as we convert our more than 50 worldwide locations. However, you may continue to enjoy the WorldClubs and Crown Room Club perks you know and expect, including complimentary, fully stocked bars and snacks, personalized flight assistance, satellite TV and Wi-Fi access.

But Delta Sky Club won't be built in a day. We're working hard to convert all lounges by the end of 2009, and lounge locations will continue to honor current WorldClubs membership cards.

And as a WorldClubs member, you now have access to Alaska Airlines Board Rooms® when you fly Northwest-, Delta-, or Alaska-operated flights.

Renew your membership now* and save 20% by referencing enrollment source code DSC20. Then, forward this e-mail to friends and family so they too can enjoy the 20% savings.

So, relax and enjoy a more comfortable and productive travel experience.

Visit delta.com/skyclub for the latest lounge updates.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 11:32 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM

Just got an email from NW announcing "Sky Clubs" and an offer of 20% off if you renew your membership. Enrollment Code is DSC20.

http://www.nwa.com/services/bustrav/...bs/wclub.shtml
Old Apr 2, 2009, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
$576 for a 3-year PLT renewal or $240 for one year.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 7:44 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hilton Honors Gold
Joined on Thursday

I just purchased my first one-year membership one week ago today. Do you know if the 20% is good for new memberships or only renewals? Do I have any chance of them reimbursing me 20% ($80)?
Old Apr 2, 2009, 9:33 am

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List
Originally Posted by Liz_MSP
I just purchased my first one-year membership one week ago today. Do you know if the 20% is good for new memberships or only renewals? Do I have any chance of them reimbursing me 20% ($80)?
Here is what the fine-print on my e-mail said:

* If you renew now, prior to the expiration date of your current membership, the length of the membership you purchase will be added to your current expiration date.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 9:38 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1K, DL 1MM/Silver
And as a WorldClubs member, you now have access to Alaska Airlines Board Rooms® when you fly Northwest-, Delta-, or Alaska-operated flights.

^
Old Apr 2, 2009, 10:01 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
So this takes rates for club membership more in line to what they were like ___ years ago?
Old Apr 2, 2009, 10:04 am

Programs: NW, UA
good thing i didn't rush into an extension at last year's price back in jan. ^
Old Apr 2, 2009, 10:28 am
CDF

Location: Michigan, DL Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Gold
From my email: "An initiation fee of $50 applies to all new Delta Sky Club (formerly WorldClubs) members. A new member is someone who has not paid the $50 initiation fee for Delta Sky Club membership or whose annual or three-year membership has been inactive for 6 months or longer."
Just curious as to if I'd have to pay the "initiation" fee again. A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away I signed up with Worldclubs and paid my initiation fee but that wasn't for the Delta Sky Club membership. I currently have a 3-year Worldclubs membership that is still active but, since I haven't paid the Skyclub fee am I considered a "new" member?

I think that the initiation fee will apply to people who have never had a membership in either the CR or WC but the wording in the email could be construed to be that since people haven't paid the $50 fee for Sky Club that they'll get charged. I guess I'm just a pessimist lately when it comes to announcements for the "new and improved" airline. Has anyone renewed under this plan and if so, were you charged an initiation fee?
Old Apr 2, 2009, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CDF
I currently have a 3-year Worldclubs membership that is still active but, since I haven't paid the Skyclub fee am I considered a "new" member?
No. If you currently hold an active WorldClubs membership, you are not a new members, and you can take advantage of the opportunity to extend your membership beyond its current expiration date at a 20% discount.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 12:18 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by GUWonder
So this takes rates for club membership more in line to what they were like ___ years ago?
My 3 year extension was less than I paid for a 3 year membership back in 2006, by about $50. (was Plat for both).
Old Apr 2, 2009, 12:24 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Gold, US Airways silver
Re-upped

Sounded like a good deal to me. Re-upped for 3 years to 2013. Yikes!

Wish they would re-open the Crown Room - oops, Sky Club - in PHX. The gate agents say no way, but hope springs eternal for Terminal 3 now that both airlines are consolidated.

My confirmation e mail from NW subject is "WorldClub Membership Enrollment Confirmation" To the bitter end...
Old Apr 3, 2009, 12:41 pm

Programs: DL PM; AA EXP
Thanks much, SAT Lawyer for the heads up on nice the discount! Just took advantage of it on a 3 year renewal.
Old Apr 3, 2009, 4:04 pm

Programs: DL GE
Over the coming months, you'll notice updated Delta Sky Club branding as we convert our more than 50 worldwide locations. However, you may continue to enjoy the WorldClubs and Crown Room Club perks you know and expect, including complimentary, fully stocked bars and snacks, personalized flight assistance, satellite TV and Wi-Fi access.
Does the current WC consider their offering a "bar"?
Old Apr 3, 2009, 4:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
Originally Posted by bmh3s
Thanks much, SAT Lawyer for the heads up on nice the discount! Just took advantage of it on a 3 year renewal.
+1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.