First flight on Delta

Old Jan 6, 09, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold
First flight on Delta

Travel booked me on Delta today for the first time. Do I need to join Skymiles or will my miles be credited to WP? Do I have to do anything special? Help....
Old Jan 6, 09, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Originally Posted by Duke1981 View Post
Travel booked me on Delta today for the first time. Do I need to join Skymiles or will my miles be credited to WP? Do I have to do anything special? Help....
Depends, I assume you want credited to your WP Account. If so, make sure your WP FF No. is in the reservation, so you will be eligible for elite benefits, EUA and the like. Note if DL is the operating carrier, you will only get 25% RDM bonus as opposed to the 50% RDM bonus you get on NW metal. That should be all.

Safe Travels.
Old Jan 6, 09, 1:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Will be credited to WP assuming that your WP number is in the reservation. Make sure that it's on your BP. If not, check with any GA or TA and they may* put it in for you.

* My experiences with this are less than favorable. I have found DL GAs to not know how to add a NW number, and also unwilling to do so. But, this was before the merger, so maybe things have changed.
Old Jan 6, 09, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Another question, can I check my status on NWA or do I have to go to Delta, I don't have a SkyMiles account.
Old Jan 6, 09, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Another question, can I check my status on NWA or do I have to go to Delta, I don't have a SkyMiles account.
You can check your reservation on DL.COM, by using your confirmation code, first and last name.

Safe Travels.
Old Jan 6, 09, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Got it and added my NW WP # too.

Thanks.

Search this Thread