Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Silver - How to sit next to my wife

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2009, 12:38 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott

So I dropped down to Silver this year
(Wife is not elite)

Booked a flight to PHX, paid for my flight and used miles for the Mrs. so separate reservations.

In the old days, would call the elite desk and they would put her in the seat next to me (only open seats are elite seats).

Well - there is no Silver elite line, just regular reservations - who say they can not do it but offer to transfer me to the elite lines, which of course just send me back to the regular reservation line once I enter my WP#.

So anyone know how a Silver can find someone to let me fly next to my wife (other than at check-in)
Old Jan 1, 2009, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
1. Buy adjacent Coach Choice seats via online check-in at T-23:59.

2. Get two aisle seats, and once on board offer one aisle seat to someone in a middle next to you or your wife.
Old Jan 1, 2009, 7:09 pm

Programs: NW GE
Try a different agent... agents on the Silver line are pretty hit/miss.
Old Jan 1, 2009, 7:22 pm

Programs: AA CK
I was in the same situation a few days ago -- i.e. me paid ; family member on award -- but only difference was that the fam member was my 4 year old son, so perhaps my position was more compelling.

Anyway, I called, got regular service desk, they told me nothing they could do, I told them that I was SE and that the Elite Services people had done this for me before. They transferred me, the Elite Services guy said no problem and took care of it for me (though I was on hold for a while so it was not as simple as him clicking a button to override).

Going to be interesting when I get upgraded (F is wide, wide open). I plan on calling Chisolm and asking for a free "pity upgrade" for my 4 year old (he can upgrade himself with his own darn miles if need be)

Edited to say: BTW, there were lots of open seats in back on 3/4 of my segments, so I could have sat with my kid in non-premium seats...they put him next to me in premium seats, not the other way around (even when both options were available)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.