Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Have you signed a stone at DTW?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2009, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Another Flickr-ite/FTer? spotted my rock. [From Flickr's brownpau] He reported its moved from where I left it, but didn't give any clue as to where.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 9:37 am
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
I finally remembered to sign a rock on my last time through DTW. The hard thing is multiple planters around the fountain area. I noticed there are signed rocks in nearly all of them in that area.

I signed one nearest the A/B connector, kind of by the little desk and some Detroit tourism information.

Still haven't heard of anyone that spotted my signature in the WT mag, maybe someone will find my rock! At least this is a bit more permanent...
Old Aug 27, 2010, 5:04 pm

Was just telling another FlyerTalker about the rocks and did some googling and found this:

http://www.jaunted.com/story/2010/7/...+Metro+Airport

So apparently there are more rocks at the end of the B concourse in the planters and not just in the planters near the fountain in A concourse!
Old Aug 27, 2010, 5:16 pm

Programs: Delta DM!
Originally Posted by Burj
Was just telling another FlyerTalker about the rocks and did some googling and found this:

http://www.jaunted.com/story/2010/7/...+Metro+Airport

So apparently there are more rocks at the end of the B concourse in the planters and not just in the planters near the fountain in A concourse!
Cool link.. I am totally doing a rock when I fly through DTW in two weeks! Yay!
Old Aug 27, 2010, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

Was just telling another FlyerTalker about the rocks...
Thanks for reviving my old thread. Haven't been through DTW since the demise of NWA.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 11:11 am

Programs: NW Plat, Hilton, Avis
Earlier this month, traveling with family, we each signed a rock. I would never have known about it except for boxo's thread.

The WorldClub desk people were aware of this little tradition and were excited to see us head out to the planters with markers in our hands.

Long live the Redtail -- in our memories forever.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bdnyc

Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:04 pm

Earlier this month, traveling with family, we each signed a rock. I would never have known about it except for boxo's thread.

The WorldClub desk people were aware of this little tradition and were excited to see us head out to the planters with markers in our hands.

Any thread that BDNYC and BOXO and I can post to is a good one!

Did you put your flyertalk handle on yours? I know BOXO's rock has BOXO on it!

Here is my rock:

http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/a...013010_092.jpg

(I put the date on the back...this was after the merger was announced but before all the branding changes took place....)

I like to think of my rock as a piece of DTW which is mine and I make it a point to visit it whenever I go through DTW...

Old Sep 3, 2010, 8:25 pm

Programs: NW Plat, Hilton, Avis
I did put my Flyertalk name: My stone says FT BDNYC. Nice thought to thank NWA - I'll "edit" my stone next time through.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 5:44 pm

Programs: DL, AS, Marriott, Hyatt, National
I'm going to try to remember to sign one when I pass through DTW on Friday.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 6:10 pm

Programs: DL, AS, Marriott, Hyatt, National
duplicate
Old Sep 11, 2010, 5:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
I would imagine you have to bring your own marker, but what about BYOR?
Old Sep 11, 2010, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by nypdLieu
I would imagine you have to bring your own marker, but what about BYOR?
Well you COULD bring your own rock...but part of the fun of it is to find just the right blank rock in the planter that has the blank rocks...and then writing your message and walking it over to the planters that have the signed rocks...
Old Sep 12, 2010, 3:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Well you COULD bring your own rock...but part of the fun of it is to find just the right blank rock in the planter that has the blank rocks...and then writing your message and walking it over to the planters that have the signed rocks...
thanks for the info! I'm on the dtw to hkg flight this wednesday. Will sign a stone then!!
Old Sep 15, 2010, 11:08 pm

How did I miss this thread? I will make an extra effort to make it to DTW to sign a rock. And, yes, NWA is gone, but will never be forgotten! Those were the days and they will be missed forever. I can't remember exactly, where I was, but a couple of weeks either at PHL or IAH I still saw a lot of redtails, gave me warm feelings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.