Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Elite Qualifying Segments when flying DL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2008, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hertz President's Circle, Uber Platinum

I fly out of MSN, and I get status by segments, not miles. I might just barely make gold by the end of calendar 2008. At the moment I need 13 more segments for this to happen. If my travel schedule resumes in the next few weeks and I make a MR I might just squeeze by. I have two issues related to flying DL that I'm requesting comments on:

1 - I'm flying MSN-NYC in a few weeks, and I have a choice of LGA/NWA or HPN/DL. HPN is more convenient to my final destination, and the fare is $35 lower on DL. Therefore if I weren't motivated by points/miles, I would simply fly Delta. Pre-merger, DL flights only got a 25% mileage bonus, and NO EQ segments. According to the NWA website, still no change. My analysis of this situation is that I need to fly to LGA on an NWA flight.

2 - I flew a roundtrip MSN-MSY earlier this year. I forget the exact routing now but it was a total of five DL segments. Even though it was my mistake for not knowing the rules, I was pretty miffed when I discovered that I wouldn't get any segment credit. Now that the merger is official, is there any chance that I can call up NWA and get segment credit for that trip?

Thanks,

RobH
Old Oct 30, 2008, 2:00 pm

Location: Madison, WI, USA; NW Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Unfortunately I don't think you stand much chance of getting segments credit for your past trips, and I don't think you'll get segments on Delta flights in the future, either. Until the programs merge you should continue to get segment credit on Northwest flights, and the fat lady hasn't sung yet on segment credit after the programs merge, but I suspect that the new merged program won't have it.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by TravelLover
but I suspect that the new merged program won't have it.
Please don't say that!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.