Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Elite cards when you're no longer one..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2004, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC, Bonvoy

I was a NW Silver Elite in 2002, but because I started using Air France since, I lost my "eliteness". But until now they haven't sent me a regular membership card, so I still use the elite card. Should I continue using it or will they send a new one eventually?
Old Mar 10, 2004, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
I don't know if they will send you a new card or not, but it really won't make a difference. If your WP number is in the reservation, NW will know your status. Your WP number is the same but your status is no longer elite so you won't get the automatic upgrades. Showing your old elite card shouldn't help get an upgrade, but maybe if you show the elite card, you might get lucky and snag an op-up if no one else has any better reason to get in front of you. Don't count on it, but it can't hurt to try.
Old Mar 10, 2004, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
NW won't send you a regular WPs card unless you request it via mail. It's a one shot deal, not something that's sent every year.

aloha
Old Mar 10, 2004, 1:28 pm

Location: Pleasant Prairie, WI USA DL FO (until 2/04), NW silver '03, NW gold '04+'05 Plat '06+ (thanks, Leo!), DL SkyClub
Programs: DL Plat/ Million Miler, AS, Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy, Piggly Wiggly Pig Points
I would keep the expired Elite card. The magnetic stripe on the back will make it easier for you to use the automated checkin machines.
Old Mar 13, 2004, 5:49 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Dick Ginkowski:
I would keep the expired Elite card. The magnetic stripe on the back will make it easier for you to use the automated checkin machines.</font>
Why carry yet another card in your wallet, when ANY credit card works?
Old Mar 13, 2004, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Ya... I never carry my card. Never needed it...until they started those kiosk thingies..

Speakig of Kiosks, can someone tell me why it takes a novice less than a minute to check in via the Kiosk, but a trained agent takes 10 minutes?
Old Mar 13, 2004, 6:04 pm

My wife swears it's not a good idea because of the "potential" issues involved. I am sure those kiosks are protected by fire-walls and they do not store you CC #, why take the chance? I use my NW card, it's just as easy.
Old Mar 14, 2004, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Your name is encoded on the card and I that is what the machine uses. It compares the name with reservations in the system which is why the CO terminals (I've not used the NW ones) ask for your departure city after using a credit card but not when you use your elite card.
Old Mar 18, 2004, 1:44 pm

NWA no longer sends non-elites hard cards. If you want a card you can print it from NWA's site.

But I never bother using cards (WP or credit) at kiosks anymore. By touching the bottom portion of the first screen, you can pull up your reservation by entering your WP number or confirmation number. I just keep my flight info in a Palm for backup - no cards needed.

[This message has been edited by Family flyer (edited Mar 18, 2004).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.