Search

SIN-DMM/BAH on NW partners

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2008, 6:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: KL Life Platinum, QF Platinum, OZ Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
SIN-DMM/BAH on NW partners

Calling all creative FTers,
I will be travelling SIN to DMM/BAH several times this year. As much as possible, I would like to earn EQMs on NW, its partners or SkyTeam.

Flying KLM from SIN to AMS and the doing a U-turn to DMM/BAH is possible, but are there better options? Jet Airways and MH (seasonal) are partners but do not earn EQMs.

Or maybe I should maximize the EQMs on a NW partner and minimize the remainder of the trip on a non-NW-partner? If so, which route?

All comments and suggestions are appreciated.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

no takers ... ?
Old Jan 25, 2008, 8:06 pm

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Wow... tough question! Some things to consider:

- price
- how much are you willing to fly (in other words, how improtant are WP miles and status to you?)
- are you traveling Y or WBC?

SIN-AMS-BAH/DMM is tons of miles. If you fly WBC it should be tolerable, but it still is a LOT of extra flying. Have you considered just sticking with SQ?
Old Jan 25, 2008, 10:14 pm

Programs: I've gone dormant. For now.
Originally Posted by florin

- price
- how much are you willing to fly (in other words, how improtant are WP miles and status to you?)

SIN-AMS-BAH/DMM is tons of miles. If you fly WBC it should be tolerable, but it still is a LOT of extra flying. Have you considered just sticking with SQ?
On ITA, it looks like Eithad is the cheapest option. I don't know what alliances they have, but maybe you should shoot for low level status on AA or UA if they have a partnership. Otherwise, you can go Jet to DEL or BOM and work your way from there. KL and AF seem prohibitively expensive, at least by my standards.

Good luck, and report back!
Old Jan 26, 2008, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Welll...

You could do SIN-BKK on whoever, then BKK-NBO-DXB on KQ, then DXB-DMM/BAH on whoever. That'd be about 1,500 miles shorter than ricocheting through Amsterdam, but lots of changes. Aaaand NBO isn't really somewhere you necessarily want to be passing through frequently right now.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 5:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by florin

- price

Thanks for the reply.
Price-wise, I'm not looking for a super-deal. I don't think they exist for the middle-east region anyway. Somewhat reasonable, maybe US$1400-US$1800 R/T thereabouts for an economy ticket. (Etihad Airways indicated US$1100 R/T for a H class ticket, but I prefer to stick to earning NW EQMs if possible.) [Prices include taxes.]

How much am I willing to fly? Well, WP miles and status are important, but as long as they earn NW EQMs, I'm ok. I figure 2 or 3 times SIN-DMM/BAH, and a 2 or 3 times DMM/BAH-DFW, I would be at least GE. I would avoid doing a slingshot from SIN-AMS then AMS-DMM/BAH if possible, if I can find a more realistic routing with NW EQMs.

I did consider SQ. I rarely fly them, and even when I do, I never hit SE. Therefore, I decided not to waste the miles as they expire before I get to a decent redemption amount.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.