Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UPDATED : 2008 Elite Program

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2008, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2 MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, National Exec Elite, Hilton Gold
UPDATED : 2008 Elite Program

NWA.com now shows the 2008 Elite Program information, and I don't see any changes so far.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 10:07 am

Well, of course with the time difference we here in Japan
already are on Jan 17. Anxiously await the news but as
has been mentioned, nothing yet. And why should it, since
it still states "The Elite ExtraPerks promotion is available for
2007 Gold & Platinum Elite members.". So, we will have to
wait until the 17th begins in the U.S. By the way the
Asian sites all still show the same, no update yet. Patience!
Old Jan 16, 2008, 10:34 am

Programs: NW Platinum Elite, *Wood Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
The Original NW Scoop posted that EEP will be updated sometime today as well:

Originally Posted by NW scoop
...and now for another update - as of this morning, the 2008 Elite program rules have been listed on nwa.com. As you will see, the changes to the program are minor. EEP promotion information is still listed for 2007, but will be updated sometime today. I will post here when this information is available as well.

Tonight all members will get our annual Elite status e-mail with links to all of this information as well. Enjoy!

NW scoop
Old Jan 16, 2008, 11:10 am
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
System-wide upgrades

I just selected my 160,000 award and T&C state the system-wide upgrade books into "F" for domestic and Hawaii. International into "C". Originally there was not an option for Hawaii (at least at the 120,000) level. There was a seperate choice for Hawaii. Maybe one of the new changes for 2008 will be the availability to use system-wides to Hawaii.

Does anybody that selected system-wides at 160,000 remember the T&C?

We hope you enjoy your Elite ExtraPerks reward selection. Your Elite ExtraPerks reward will be sent via e-mail. Please allow up to 48 hours for delivery.

This page serves as your confirmation page.

Please print this page for your records.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Terms and Conditions:

Upgrades - 2 One-Way Confirmed System-wide Upgrades

Upgrade Redemption - This certificate is valid for upgraded one-way travel as stated above. All upgrades must be redeemed at least 48 hours prior to originating flight departure. Paper tickets cannot be upgraded with this voucher. Tickets must be validated on NW/012 ticket stock. Transportation not in conjunction with the use of this certificate may appear on the same ticket. Redemption instructions will be provided via e-mail at time of reward selection.
Validity - Upgraded travel must begin on or before the date stated in the confirmation e-mail provided. All upgrade certificates selected under this promotion will be valid for 12 months from the date of selection. Extensions will not be granted under any circumstances.
Certificate offer - All rules of the fare purchased will apply, except as changed by this offer. Certificate has zero cash value, will be deemed fully used upon surrender and will not be honored retroactively or in connection with the exchange of any wholly or partially unused ticket. Certificate will not be replaced and can not be requested. The use of the certificate offer embodied herein by anyone other than Northwest in any advertisement for any purpose, or the purchase or other acquisition of certificates by persons or entities in the travel service business is strictly prohibited and will render the certificate VOID. Limit of one one-way upgrade per certificate. Space is limited, and seats may not be available on all flights.
Qualifying Fares - Any published paid fare.
Upgraded Booking Class - One-Way Confirmed Hawaii Upgrades and One-Way Confirmed Domestic Upgrades will be booked in F class. 2 One-Way Confirmed System-wide Upgrades will be booked in C class.
Fare Basis Code - Fare basis code of purchased fare.
Minimum/Maximum Stay - Per rules of fare purchased.
Blackout dates - Per rules of fare purchased.
Routing - All travel must be via the routes of NW/KL in which NW/KL publishes fares. Fares to/from Japan, Asia and Micronesia are valid via Northwest's transpacific flights only. KLM designated/operated flights are only permitted on flights to/from Europe, India, Africa and the Middle East. NW/KL schedules are not guaranteed and are subject to change without notice. If passenger is rerouted to another carrier, the upgrade will not be honored.
Transferability - Certificates will be associated with an individual's name, therefore cannot be transferred to another passenger. Exception: The certificate may be used by a different person as long as the original recipient is traveling with that person in the same reservation. The certificate may only be used by one person in a reservation. Certificates may not be transferred for cash or any other consideration. Purchased/auctioned certificates are subject to confiscation and travel will not be permitted.
Fare/Tax/Total - Applicable Coach Class fare charged. Any tax liability or government-imposed fees are the responsibility of the user. (Please note: For certain destinations, additional taxes may apply for travel in Business Class).
Changes/Refunds - Per rules of fare purchased. Any change/refund/cancel will result in the loss of the upgrade certificate.
Combinability - This certificate may not be combined with any other discount, coupon, bonus, certificate, E-Cert, promotional fare also known as a web fare, or special status type fares such as: free, no-value, VUSA, standby, Round-the-World, joint, unpublished (programs indicated with a special ticket designator/reference code, e.g. BT000, unless the unpublished program permits upgrade certificates), agency/industry discount, group, (except - GV2 type group fares), senior, student, infant, child, WorldPerks Air Travel Awards, or any other fares/tickets which may later be specified by NW with or without notice.
WorldPerks - WorldPerks mileage credit will be awarded based on the purchased fare. Bonus mileage applicable to the upgraded class of service will NOT apply.
Miscellaneous - The standard agency commission will be base on the actual fare collected. Northwest/KLM is the final authority on the interpretation of these rules and the certificate is subject to change without notice. If this certificate is accepted by other than a permitted carrier, such carrier agrees to pay NW/KLM, within 45 days of certificate acceptance, the sum of $1000USD per certificate accepted, and NW/KLM shall not be liable to such carrier for any reason whatsoever.

Last edited by thepla; Jan 16, 2008 at 11:16 am Reason: trap T&C from level 4 selection
Old Jan 16, 2008, 11:14 am

NWA japan is not yet updated with the regular Elite
program rules for 2008, still showing 2007. US website
displays updated program information. Let's wait and
see in the morning.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA GS; Former Alaska MVPG75/DL Diamond/NW Platinum/BA Gold
Originally Posted by thepla
I just selected my 160,000 award and T&C state the system-wide upgrade books into "F" for domestic and Hawaii. International into "C". Originally there was not an option for Hawaii (at least at the 120,000) level. There was a seperate choice for Hawaii. Maybe one of the new changes for 2008 will be the availability to use system-wides to Hawaii.

Does anybody that selected system-wides at 160,000 remember the T&C?
It said this at 120K when I selected them last May. I don't think there is any change here, but I'll check when I select my 160K SWUs late next month.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 12:15 pm

Programs: United 1K, Platinum Marriott, AA Gold, Silver NW
nice to see no negative changes for me
Old Jan 16, 2008, 12:31 pm

Programs: Northwest Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador, National Executive Elite
Eep

Oh boy with all those new levels on the EEP I can only imagine how many more MR people will do to get those SWU - Good luck to you guys
Old Jan 16, 2008, 12:37 pm
Company Representative - Northwest Airlines

Programs: NW WorldPerks
2008 EEP is posted

As some of you have noticed, the 2008 Elite ExtraPerks promotion has been posted on nwa.com.

Enjoy!

NW scoop
Old Jan 16, 2008, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
While I doubt I will ever reach any level over 200K, it is nice that they have added the upper levels so that the Uber elites have something to strive for.

Elite Qualifying
Miles (EQM) earned
(1/1/08 - 12/31/08)

ExtraPerks Rewards Selection
(3/1/08 - 2/28/09)

Your choice of:

* 2,500 Bonus Elite Qualifying Miles
* Two WorldClubs® Day Passes
* $50 Marriott® Bonus Bucks® Coupon
* $100 NWA WorldVacations® Discount Certificate
* $50 FTD.com Gift Certificate

Your choice of:

* 10,000 Bonus Miles
* 30-Day WorldClubs Membership
* Silver Elite Membership Giveaway
* 50% Off Domestic Coach PerkPassSM Award
* $100 Marriott Bonus Bucks Coupon
* $200 NWA WorldVacations® Discount Certificate

Your choice of:

* 20,000 Bonus Miles
* 2 One-Way Confirmed System-Wide Upgrades
* 50% Off Coach PerkPass Award (System-Wide)
* Gold Elite Membership Giveaway
* $400 NWA WorldVacations Discount Certificate

For each level attained, you receive a choice of:

* 30,000 Bonus Miles
* One-Year WorldClubs Membership
* 4 One-Way Confirmed Domestic Upgrades
* 2 One-Way, Confirmed System-Wide Upgrades
* 50% Off World Business ClassSM PerkPass Award

* The above options apply to members in North America; a separate reward chard exists for members in the Asia Pacific region. Residency at the time of selection determines applicable reward chart.

Elite ExtraPerks Terms and Conditions Overview:

* Online registration is required. Only 2008 Gold and Platinum Elite members may register for this promotion. The last day to register is December 31, 2008.
* Separate reward selection options for the Elite ExtraPerks promotion are available to Gold and Platinum Elite members residing in North America and Asia/Pacific regions based on residency at time of selection.
* You must remain subscribed to receive NWA E-mail in order to receive reward notifications.
* The WorldPerks Elite account number registered for the promotion must be used when completing any qualifying activities.
* This promotion is only valid through the 2008 Elite year which runs from March 1, 2008 through February 28, 2009.
* Elite Qualifying Miles eligible for this promotion must be earned for activity between January 1 and December 31, 2008.
* You may only select one reward at each level. Once you make your selection, you will receive a confirmation page that should be printed for your records. Once selections are confirmed, your selection is final. No exceptions are allowed.
* Elite ExtraPerks rewards must be selected by February 28, 2009. Otherwise the rewards will be forfeited.
* Northwest is the final authority on the interpretation of these rules.
* Please allow 4-6 weeks for reward fulfillment unless specifically noted in the reward terms and conditions.
* Each reward option is subject to specific terms and conditions. View full promotion terms and conditions.

Old Jan 16, 2008, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
It's totally immaterial to me and probably 99.99999% of NW flyers, but I wonder why the incentives continue until 320,000 miles and then abruptly stop. NW should just say that beginning at 160,000 elite qualifying miles and then for every 40,000 elite qualifying miles thereafter, WorldPerks members will be entitled to a choice of:
* 30,000 Bonus Miles
Old Jan 16, 2008, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
The 2008 program looks essentially the same as last year. I was hoping for some improvements, but at least the award levels didn't increase.

I'd still love to see annual perks for the million airs (since I reached that level recently), but it looks like I'll have to keep waiting.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 1:58 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
That might be the total mileage the #1 NWA flyer had for EQM's the year before and thats what they used for their measuring stick... just speculating...

Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
It's totally immaterial to me and probably 99.99999% of NW flyers, but I wonder why the incentives continue until 320,000 miles and then abruptly stop.
Patience young Jedi....

Originally Posted by FlytheTail
I'd still love to see annual perks for the million airs (since I reached that level recently), but it looks like I'll have to keep waiting.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
It's totally immaterial to me and probably 99.99999% of NW flyers, but I wonder why the incentives continue until 320,000 miles and then abruptly stop. NW should just say that beginning at 160,000 elite qualifying miles and then for every 40,000 elite qualifying miles thereafter, WorldPerks members will be entitled to a choice of:
* 30,000 Bonus Miles
Well I think you just about nailed the %. I am guessing 1 out of the 30 million WP members hit that mark
Old Jan 16, 2008, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
60,000, Your choice of: 2,500 Bonus Elite Qualifying Miles ...
Sure it's EQM and not MQM? Hey I bet I'm not the only one wondering about it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.