PD854

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2004, 2:45 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
PD854

Hey guys,

Before I make a post in Coupon Connection, I've got a coupla dozen of these zone certificates good for US and European travel through May 20th (ticket by March 31), no Sunday travel in the US, Saturday stay required. Good for up to two traveling together. Email me for more info.

The reason I'm posting here first is because I know these rarely or never are targeted at those of you in the MSP, DTW and MEM markets, so I thought it'd be nice to let you guys have a crack at them, moderators willing.

If the forum mods see it otherwise, then please just lock this thread and I'll start from scratch in CC.

Thanks.
Old Jan 14, 2004, 6:10 am

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
essxjay, thanks for thinking of us.

YGM

[This message has been edited by nichelle (edited Jan 14, 2004).]
Old Jan 14, 2004, 6:45 am

Programs: delta diamond
YGM
Old Jan 14, 2004, 9:03 am

Programs: DL 2+Million Miler, Delta Platinum(by choice), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum
YGM! Thanks in advance.

------------------
Old Jan 14, 2004, 11:01 am
mdb

YGM thanks

Old Jan 14, 2004, 2:16 pm

Programs: Delta
YGM
Old Jan 14, 2004, 2:36 pm

Thanx for thinking of usessxjay. YGM
Old Jan 14, 2004, 2:40 pm

What a considerate offer. I emailed you. Thanks!
Old Jan 14, 2004, 3:49 pm
Suspended

YGM
Old Jan 14, 2004, 4:25 pm
mka

Programs: NW silver, AA Gold, Delta Silver
YGM!
Old Jan 14, 2004, 4:33 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

WOW! You guys burned through that first batch like no one's business!! I didn't realize what hostages many of you are to NW. Again, I hope the forum mods are okay with this. Seems a shame to have this buried in Coupon Connection when clearly so many of you can benefit from these darned things.

Of course, being a forum mod myself, I perfectly understand that there may be a difference of agreement, so mea culpa if I've overstepped the bounds.

FYI, those of you who've e-mailed me before 3 p.m. Pacific Time have either heard back from me, or will by 4 p.m. Pacific Time.

So kiddies, I was almost going to post that all the certs are gone. But I just went to check my snail mail and housekeeping was about ready to chuck all the coupon inserts!!! (Stacks and stacks of these things are just sitting next to the bank of mailboxes for the taking. No one is ever taking them. So, in a building of 200+ units, that's a lot of zone certs!)

Anyway, I've got another wad of these.

Some more details:

These are for travel w/in the U.S. and to Canada and Europe (no Carribean or Asia this time) through 5/20/04, book by 3/31/04. The only blackout dates are: Sundays and Feb. 16 in the U.S./Canada; none for Europe.

My only request is that if you can't use the cert, offer it up on Coupon Connection. And no, nothing needed in return. But any drink chits are gladly accepted; I collect them over the year and use them for stocking stuffers for my friends in various cities/hubs, who are thrilled to get them. A few postage stamps would be nice, too, but again not necessary.

One more important thing: Please let me know whether it's okay to just e-mail you the cert #, or if you need the cert itself. If you're booking online all you need is the reference code (PD854) and the cert #.

Old Jan 14, 2004, 4:46 pm

essxjay, I am going to send you an e-mail.

Thanks!
Old Jan 14, 2004, 5:12 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

fyi, many of you have e-mailed me and asked why am I doing this? simple: payback. i've been so fortunate to have been gifted untold goodies over the 5-1/2 years I've been on FT that this little gesture is sort of my way of giving something significant back.

believe me, this isn't altruism on my part; this is all about the trader principle: value for value. of course, i think i've gotten more value here than given, but whatever. if you guys, hub-bound or not, can get some use out of what's going to become recycled bits of nothing, i don't mind putting in a little effort towards the cause of saving some of my fellow FTers a few bucks.

and i encourage one and all to continue to contribute in whatever way you can. FT is truly a one-of-a-kind virtual community.

cheers all!
Old Jan 14, 2004, 5:53 pm

essxjay:

YGM & thank you so much. These kind of certs are never offererd in the Valpak mailing in the Houston area too, probably being a CO hub area.

Santo
Old Jan 14, 2004, 6:05 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, MM, AS MVP, Lifetime Skyclub, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, National Exec Elite, IHG Gold
YGM! I could sure use one or two as NW holds me hostage with high fares out of GEG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.