Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

My Travelpro luggage keeps getting trashed when I'm forced to check it

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My Travelpro luggage keeps getting trashed when I'm forced to check it

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2006, 5:35 pm

Programs: UA Premier, NW Silver, Official Gopher Hater
Originally Posted by sbagdon
EGHADS! I could buy 4-5 TravelPro for that cost (if you shop around)!

Without a doubt, if what's inside is important to you, this is the way to go.

Then again, wonder if any of those are specifically sized to fit into the overhead of a CRJ...

Steve B.
Well, what's on Zero Halliburton's website is strictly retail price. I actually purchased my "24 for about 30% less than what's advertised from a place in NYC and it arrived to my house straight from the factory in Salt Lake. Still, it's very pricey...

I figured that I could go with a Travelpro or even another Hartmann and have it on its death bed in three years or I could go with something that is designed to last forever. Plus, I just really liked the looks of it!
Old Mar 19, 2006, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
FWIW, I wouldn't recommend some of the TUMI and Purdy Neat bags if you travel a bit in Europe; as a rule KL makes you weigh any rollaboard that you intend to carry on, and max weight fully loaded is 10 kg (22 lb); so a bag that weighs 16.7 lb empty isn't going to cut it unless you tend to pack styrofoam and eider down instead of clothes! Of course, 22" is a bit big for a rollaboard in Europe; I recommend the firing squad for those who take on anything bigger than 20" .

That said, if you do check your bags, I have seen a lot of Purdy Neats that look like they've been to hell and back, so they're definitely durable.
Old Mar 20, 2006, 2:12 pm

Programs: DL DM (PMNW), occasional AMTK, National Exec Elite and IHG Spire
Does anyone know where to get/order TravelPro parts?

Five years ago I bought a Platinum II 20" Rollaboard (w/ suiter) and the telescoping handle finally went last month. I downloaded TP's parts .pdf and it looks like I need a P9001A replacement handle.

I figure I'd rather dump ~$30.00 for a new handle than drop $250.00+ for a new bag, as other than some surface wear (and the B.O. handle) it still works.

TIA.
Old Mar 20, 2006, 11:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select
Originally Posted by dmitzel
Does anyone know where to get/order TravelPro parts?

Five years ago I bought a Platinum II 20" Rollaboard (w/ suiter) and the telescoping handle finally went last month. I downloaded TP's parts .pdf and it looks like I need a P9001A replacement handle.

I figure I'd rather dump ~$30.00 for a new handle than drop $250.00+ for a new bag, as other than some surface wear (and the B.O. handle) it still works.

TIA.
I'm not sure if you can order the part and fix it on your own. I know what .pdf file you are talking about (seen it on their site), but usually they recommend that you take it to an authorized repair shop. I had to do that when WN broke on of my zippers. And yes, I am still happy w/ my Travelpro

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.