Search

EQM on Alaska

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2004, 11:08 am
JCR
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
EQM on Alaska

I have been a Continental Gold Elite member for the last five years or so, but am thinking on making the switch to NW, due to the recent OnePass changes. I am based in Seattle, and fly up and down the west coast fairly often. My question is this: do all the miles on Alaska flights apply towards NW elite status? After reading the NW website, it appears that only Continental flights give you 50% EQM. Is this right?

Thanks.
Old Jan 1, 2004, 11:33 am

Programs: DL 2 MM
You will receive the Worldperk elite bonus points based on your Northwest Elite tier status on all AS flights.

50% bonus for Silver Elite
100% bonus or old Elite
125% bonus for Platinum Elite

Note: It takes AS awhile for the flight information to be forwarded to Worldperks, (sometimes as long as 3 weeks) so be patient.

Good Luck!

RC

[This message has been edited by Radiocycle (edited Jan 01, 2004).]
Old Jan 1, 2004, 12:10 pm

http://www.nwa.com/freqfly/earn/airfl.shtml#alaska
Old Jan 1, 2004, 1:40 pm
JCR
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
UpgradeMe, so you think that all miles flown on Alaska apply towards elite? I followed the link, but when I scrolled up to the Continental section, it says the same thing, with no reference to the 50% EQM thing.
Old Jan 1, 2004, 1:52 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">UpgradeMe, so you think that all miles flown on Alaska apply towards elite?</font>
I don't think it.

I know it.
Old Jan 1, 2004, 2:38 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
Northwest Elites get the EQM's.

I don't know how Onepass handles EQM's on AS. But CO should be irrelevent if you are Northwest Worldperks Elite you WILL get the EQM's

RC
Old Jan 2, 2004, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Sometimes AS takes even longer to post. I took a MR on AS in November and it took almost a month to post.
Old Jan 2, 2004, 7:39 am

Location: Pleasant Prairie, WI USA DL FO (until 2/04), NW silver '03, NW gold '04+'05 Plat '06+ (thanks, Leo!), DL SkyClub
Programs: DL Plat/ Million Miler, AS, Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy, Piggly Wiggly Pig Points
It can take a bit for AS to post but you get full credit. Gold Elites can also get AS upgrade certificates.
Old Jan 2, 2004, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA1K - SPG Plat
it may take a few weeks for AS miles to post to Worldperks, but likewise it always takes 2 weeks for NW miles to post to AS Mileage Plan...but they eventually get there...
Old Jan 2, 2004, 1:45 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1.2MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice diamond, Marriott gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by UpgradeMe:
I don't think it.

I know it.
</font>
One qualifier: be sure you are actually flying on Alaska metal if you fly "inter-Alaska". I fly to ANC on NW and then on to King Salmon (AKN) and Kodiak (ADQ) frequently. The flights from ANC to/from ADQ and AKN only count towards WorldPerks (and OnePass) if they are on "real" Alaska Air planes (the 737 combis). The commuter flights (PenAir and ERA) will only earn you Alaska Air Mileage Plan miles, even if they're booked as Alaska Air code share flights.
Old Jan 4, 2004, 1:51 pm

what is/are EQM??
thanks
Old Jan 4, 2004, 1:54 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jerseygirl:
what is/are EQM??
thanks
</font>
Elite qualifying miles

And...Welcome to FlyerTalk!

------------------
Randy
-------------------------
HH Gold; SPG Gold; NW Gold; UA PremEx

[This message has been edited by LUVSWA (edited Jan 04, 2004).]
Old Feb 3, 2005, 10:25 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond
Advice needed

I'm having a hard time making up my mind. Here's the sitch:

Have been elite on NW since 2002. Didn't fly enough last year, so current Silver expires this month. Current balance = 263k WP miles. Flying tomorrow PHX-CDG.

Also have AS account and got comped MVP through Dec 31, 2005. Current balance = 89k miles.

Goal of travel - see the world (duh) and one day redeem miles for F from PHX-Australia. Dream trip is "backwards" PHX-LHR-SIN-SYD/MEL.

Seems like a no-brainer, given my goal. But NW has been good to me, for some reason this decision is difficult. Also given that MVP status lasts longer than SE, I won't lose any bonus miles, assuming I requal this year for MVP.

The concensus on the AS forum was to go with AS. Not surprising, given the forum.

Advice?

Thanks
Old Feb 3, 2005, 6:17 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by JCR
do all the miles on Alaska flights apply towards NW elite status?
I fly on Alaska a few times a year, and I have always received 100% NW EQMs, no matter how cheap my ticket was.
Old Feb 3, 2005, 9:24 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
....oops. Old post.. Sorry!

Jiburi

Last edited by jiburi; Feb 3, 2005 at 9:27 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.