Wiki Posts
Search

Will 9/30 = D day?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2003, 9:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Will 9/30 = D day?

Anyone think that Northwest will announce comformance with CO's EQM earning changes? This would represent the 3 month point -- one would hope they wouldn't announce changes later in the year

Of course, I'd like no change at all, but if the change is coming, I'd like to know ASAP so I can book the balance of the year's flying on AA and keep my Plat status there.

Steve
Old Sep 29, 2003, 10:17 pm

Programs: DL, AA
I don't. Maybe for KLM in general, but not NW flyers.
Old Sep 29, 2003, 10:34 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
Relax, I don't believe that Worldperks is going to change anything.

I think they have a balanced approach that recognizes and rewards both high yield pax and FF's on discount tickets that show loyalty. In today's tight economy companies are watching airline ticket expense and most companies won't allow an employee to purchase a ticket above the minimum published ticket cost.

I believe that Northwest understand this line of thinking and that is the reason they won't pull the program for discount tickets.

All airlines need the loyalty of the budget business customer as well as the full "Y" fare customer to survive.

How many full "Y" tickets do you think are purchased?

Everyone wins the way Worldperks is set up.

Why would they change a system that works.

RC

[This message has been edited by Radiocycle (edited 09-29-2003).]
Old Sep 30, 2003, 12:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Radiocycle:

I think they have a balanced approach that recognizes and rewards both high yield pax and FF's on discount tickets that show loyalty.
</font>
Don't get me wrong, I agree with you! But, OTOH, I just don't see how Continental and Northwest can proceed in their relationship unless the 'elite qualifying gap' is bridged. Otherwise, you'll have NW Plats that flew 75,000 miles on discount fares competing trumping CO Golds who flew 90,000 miles on those same fare basis.

I'd be much happier if CO just rolled back the changes, of course, but that seems unlikely.

Steve

Old Sep 30, 2003, 5:16 am

Got this email today from Worldperks Asia Pacific...

I may be paranoid, but this reminds me too much of the gushy email I got from CO the day before they (sneakily) fazed in their 'enhancements' for 2004.

I hope this is not the case as I have been converted to NW this year and hope to continue this relationship well into the future...

"Dear WorldPerks® Member,

There have been many changes at Northwest Airlines® recently that have all focused on improving the ways we serve you. You'll see upcoming website updates, advertising and communications on our new branding campaign. And because you are an important customer of Northwest, we are sending you this advance notice of our campaign.
In the coming months, we will be introducing more innovation and change. We call it Flying smart.

It's not just about a change of logo.
It's about a change of attitude.
It's about doing everything online, from booking tickets to printing boarding passes.
It's about frequent flyer miles that never expire.
It's about connecting Asia to 250 North American cities via high-tech hubs.
It's about redefining business class.

And it's about time.
Yours.

Sincerely,

WorldPerks Asia Pacific "

[This message has been edited by KezzaKawasaki (edited 09-30-2003).]
Old Sep 30, 2003, 6:42 am

Programs: DL Gold Hilton Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Radiocycle:
</font>
Here's hoping!! I sent my "pretty please" letter to Beth!
Old Sep 30, 2003, 7:16 am

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum20/HTML/009166.html

This email that I received and posted to the CO board yesterday from CO strongly inidcates that NW will make no changes. If so, be prepared for a heavy influx of lower fare flying CO elites heading for NW flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.