Wiki Posts
Search

Fire at DTW

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2003, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NW/Plat, Sheraton/Plat, Marriott/Plat, Emerald Exec Elite
Fire at DTW

Flew through DTW this morning, and when I tried to get into the main World Club, security had the place barricaded. There seems to have been a fire in the hamburger joint that is on the main level below the club, and the club was full of smoke.
Old Aug 1, 2003, 2:03 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Hehe... wonder how long it will take to get that "flame broiled" smell out of the carpet :P
Old Aug 1, 2003, 4:06 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Knowing what they serve in that "food" court below the WorldCLub I'll bet it was a grease fire.

[This message has been edited by ORDguy (edited 08-01-2003).]
Old Aug 1, 2003, 6:58 pm
R&R

Isn't there a CONEY ISLAND right below?

I saw it on the way to the gate from the Club and wish I knew about it to have had some breakfast before boarding a mealess flight.

But was keeping it mind for the next passby!

Old Aug 1, 2003, 6:58 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
Has the main Worldclub been closed?

If it has, when is it expected to reopen?

RC
Old Aug 1, 2003, 7:50 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by R&R:
Isn't there a CONEY ISLAND right below?
</font>
Nope... The BK lounge. Hence the "flame broiled" reference

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.