Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Mile-a-Palooza restriction on too many flights in one day??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2003, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

I ended up with 1670 MAP points (125,000 miles). I took 3 RT's to Flint (B fare) on one day and two of these earned no MAP credit. These two flights would have given me an additional 600 points. They are on my mileage summary, however, so I thought it would be a straightforward fix. I reported this on June 30 and was told to wait about 10 days. Today they acknowledged my June 30 call but said nothing had been done and I was told to wait 15 days. She said someone was going to check to see if it was "legal" to have multiple same city destinations since I was obviously doing a "Mile-a-Palooza" points run. I couldn't find any limitations in the fine print. Did I miss something?

An editorial comment...sort of like their knowledge of the website...the customer service folks are poorly informed about the details of the current promotions. They invariably try but they couldn't even access the same MAP info for my account that I can.

Don't mean to be a whiner...you gotta' love a 200,000 mile bonus promotion.
Old Jul 18, 2003, 4:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Sounds like a cop-out to me on NW part. I don't remember any fine print saying there was a limit on number of elligible flights per day. I always print out the pages of fine print for a NW promo, like FFF3, just in case I encounter difficulties.

They owe you!
Old Jul 18, 2003, 6:56 pm

I think the computer automatically scores flights within four hours of each other as a connection and therefore only one set of points is awarded.

There were times when I flew much later (and paid extra to) when stopping at a hub city between coasts. I got a Mileapalooza points for each of those flights that day.

Old Jul 19, 2003, 11:42 am

Programs: All statuses lapsed; now I'm just a free-agent, and loving it!
I had a problem with the scoring of Mile-a-Palooza too, but it ultimately got corrected.

I flew a roundtrip MSP-DAY. As always seems to be the case, I get sand-bagged with a business trip the week I'm going on vacation, leading to a mad rush to get back home, get things taken care of, and get prepped to go away. I returned from Dayton on a Friday afternoon, and left for Bangkok the next day.

These trips were credited correctly in my mileage account, but for Mile-a-Palooza it credited as one extended trip from DAY-BKK. This was even though they were two separate tickets, fare classes, etc. Scoring this way shorted me 50 points in Mile-a-Palooza, and kept me below the next mileage threshold.

I called Worldperks in late May and explained it; they told me it would be corrected within two weeks. I called again at the end of June, and they said they still had the request, but it had not been acted on yet.

Last Friday (July 11th) the mileage was awarded, and I received the (uncorrected) lower amount. Without calling WorldPerks again, the mileage awarded me was corrected this week. Interestingly, in the Mile-A-Palooza point section on the NWA web site, the old (uncorrected) point level still displays.

At any rate, they do get around to correcting things, and I got my correct mileage now, so I'm happy.

Old Jul 20, 2003, 10:40 pm

Programs: QF Plat - OW EMD | DL Gold / Starwood Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DJMeatBall:
I think the computer automatically scores flights within four hours of each other as a connection and therefore only one set of points is awarded.

There were times when I flew much later (and paid extra to) when stopping at a hub city between coasts. I got a Mileapalooza points for each of those flights that day.
</font>
I think you're correct in regards to the above. Connecting flights 4+ hrs apart on one ticket have posted as seperate trips for me.

I had a 'semi-complex' international trip I took with two DTW connections over 4 hours, one in each direction. I got credited for a US domestic round-trip to/from DTW (Q class) plus a trans-Atlantic roundtrip.

I also somehow got credited for an extra Intl 'one way" (half the points of an Intl round-trip) because of something screwy between KLM & NW that caused my fare class to change on KL #'d segments (regardless of whose metal it was on). I also had one flight that was cancelled after I checked in -- it was then substituted with a new flight # with different equipment on thd above trip that somehow got me an extra domestic segment.

Despite getting the extra points, it didn't make a difference in the end. I would of been in the same plateau and gotten the same amount of mileage without the extra points.

I spoke with the WorldPerks desk today about the FFF3 promo (I am waiting for activities to post). I had inquired if another promotion like Mileage Mania or Mile a Poolza would be happening soon - she said for her sake, she hoped not for awhile because the Mile a Poolza was a big mess for them, especially on top of all the other promos.

Last but not least, she commented at any one time there are thousands of promos going, many of which are market specific, and how difficult it has been to keep on top of things with all the different promos. She felt the promos were good, but having so many different ones plus so many market specific / geographic specific things going on at once made things very complicated.

Best,

SDF_Traveler --

Closing thoughs (just finished a trip)

I just got back from MCO a couple hours ago and I vow to never use MCO again during the summer/Disney tourist season. 3/4 of my flights were overbooked, I had wx & mx delays 2/4 flights, plus there were lots of loud, screaming kids, and even worse, parents who behaved worse than their kids on 3 of 4 flights.

--- SDF_Traveler now remembers why he has been avoiding MCO the past few years & remebers why he likes TPA so much, even if it means a higher air fare

------------------
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

[This message has been edited by SDF_Traveler (edited 07-20-2003).]
Old Jul 27, 2003, 6:36 pm

Programs: NWA-Silver; Hilton-Gold, AAdvantage-junkie
Another point counting error that I encountered was purchasing two tickets the same day on nwa.com. I only received credit for purchasing a ticket once. This happened to me twice. But, it's not worth arguing about since it wouldn't have changed how many palooza miles I would receive.
Old Jul 27, 2003, 8:36 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by d56auction:
I reported this on June 30 and was told to wait about 10 days. Today they acknowledged my June 30 call but said nothing had been done and I was told to wait 15 days.

Don't mean to be a whiner...you gotta' love a 200,000 mile bonus promotion.
</font>
Nothing about being a whiner....you deserve the points! Just need to keep calling and get ahold of a supervisor... I had to send no less than 5 faxes, multiple e-mails and calling about every 2-3 weeks to get my point count taken care of. Pvt e-mail me if you have any questions.
Old Jul 28, 2003, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Thanks...my miles were posted last week. The point total was never corrected but the miles are there.

My only minor annoyance is that because of a misinterpretation of the rules by a supervisor, I ended up buying a $300 flight that I didn't need. Oh well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.