Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Flying only return leg, possible and partial credit?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying only return leg, possible and partial credit?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2007, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Question Flying only return leg, possible and partial credit?

Hey all.
I searched but couldn't find an answer.

I flew MSY-DTW earlier in the week with another airline. I had an itinerary with NWA but did not fly on it. I am wondering if I can fly back MSY-DTW on my original itinerary (only the return leg) with Northwest? I did not officially "cancel" the reservation and it still shows up online, and I am able to change my seat, etc.

And also, if I can fly back on only the return leg, can I get credit from the MSY-DTW flight that I didn't make, or do I just lose it all?

Thanks!
Old Nov 22, 2007, 6:02 pm

I'm quite certain you lose the entire itinerary. Have you checked their website for info?
Old Nov 22, 2007, 6:03 pm

Programs: Korean Air, Lufthansa M&M, SPG ,United Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by ewick12
Hey all.
I searched but couldn't find an answer.

I flew MSY-DTW earlier in the week with another airline. I had an itinerary with NWA but did not fly on it. I am wondering if I can fly back MSY-DTW on my original itinerary (only the return leg) with Northwest? I did not officially "cancel" the reservation and it still shows up online, and I am able to change my seat, etc.

And also, if I can fly back on only the return leg, can I get credit from the MSY-DTW flight that I didn't make, or do I just lose it all?

Thanks!

Hmm.. really. I thought I was under the impression that if you didnt "fly" the originating flight on a res. or even show up to check-in./.. that the entire reservation is then therefore cancelled...
Old Nov 22, 2007, 8:16 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HH Diamond
Technically it is canceled.

Best bet is to change the reservation on line. It will reprice it for you and include the change fee. Last time I did it it cost me one cent more for the return leg only - go figure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.