Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

VERY impressed with WP service via fax

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VERY impressed with WP service via fax

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2007, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond, National EE
Thumbs up VERY impressed with WP service via fax

My colleagues often ask why I fly NW and my answer almost always is: they haven't given me a reason not to (unlike AA, our dominant carrier).

This morning, at 10:25, I faxed a request for correction to my WP account (stemming from a summer travel disruption where I didn't get all of my EQM/EQS because of a cancellation).

Just now, at 11:09, I looked at my account to see that the change has already been made.

I've always been pleased with the speed of fax service, usually taken care of in less than 48 hours. But 44 minutes?? That's incredible!

Scoop and others...this is the kind of service (well this and the first class upgrades ) that keep me coming back year after year. Keep up the good work! ^
Old Oct 4, 2007, 10:16 am
Company Representative - Northwest Airlines

Programs: NW WorldPerks
Thank you for posting this. I will make sure that the WorldPerks Service Center is aware that our members are pleased with the service delivery time!

NW scoop
Old Oct 4, 2007, 10:41 am

This is great to hear. I've got some missing segments and COS bonuses from spring travel on KL that I've yet to fax in, so I should probably just take care of it since it sounds like it's very speedy.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 11:23 am

Programs: NW-PE, Blue Star SeaSmiles
Until this year, I have used the fax number listed on the back of the PE card for help in getting credited for missing flights. It was always done in a very timely manner.

This year I gave the TTU option a try and was equally impressed with how quickly the corrections were made. Of course, TTU was only used for NWA only trips.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
It's also nice to know that the Elite fax number has remained the same for the last 8+ years and that the faxes go to an area of MN near the US/Canadian border.... not India!
Old Oct 4, 2007, 12:58 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
The one time I had to fax info on a missed segment (it was 4 segments on one day and only three posted) I also got quick response -- don't know if was 44 minutes, but it was measured at most in hours. Now if my darn KLM segments would post as fast

Once I was on the elite line with a complicated problem and the nice lady let out a quiet "Uff da" under her breath. She appologized and a I laughed and said if I needed any proof that the NW call center wasn't in India, that was it
Old Oct 4, 2007, 2:48 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
I had heard that the fax machine was replaced with one of those "scanner" type machines, so the faxes get directed to an agent much faster and are handled quicker as well... but 44 minutes... thats a record!
Old Oct 4, 2007, 3:39 pm
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by thezipper
but 44 minutes... thats a record!
Wow. I haven't used the WP Elite fax line as of yet. Fortunately, I haven't needed to.

As a point of reference, I faxed some bp's for missing mileage credit (actually due to a reroute for less EQM) to United, and more than a later, I have received no response. I did email an inquiry as to the status, and in a curt response I was told that the standard wait is 7-10 business days.

Kudos to NW!
Old Oct 4, 2007, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by nroscoe
the faxes go to an area of MN near the US/Canadian border.... not India!
Specifically, Chisholm, Minnesota (my hometown).

A tiny place of about 4,000 people, Chisholm has the NW WP reservation center due to the stipulation laid out during the State of Minnesota bailout of NW in the early 1990s (as is/was the Duluth repair base). The early talk was that the maintenance base was going to be built in Chisholm (HIB), but the idea fell through--unsurprisingly, being that HIB is only served by Saab F340s via NW Airlink. The reservation center employs about 450 people, I think, less than the State of Minnesota would like them to.

But, I think that I have you all beat in posting time. I once flew DL on a one-way FLL-ATL-MSP and my miles didn't post to NW. I drove to the reservation center (4 minutes from home), dropped off my boarding pass, and by the time I got home the miles had posted.

Last edited by cjheck; Oct 6, 2007 at 1:40 pm
Old Oct 4, 2007, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by cjheck
Specifically, Chisholm, Minnesota (my hometown).

But, I think that I have you all beat in posting time. I once flew DL on a one-way FLL-ATL-MSP and my miles didn't post to NW. I drove to the reservation center (4 minutes from home), dropped off my boarding pass, and by the time I got home the miles had posted.
wow, dropping of the BP is cool! are these also the Elite Services folks or is that all in Fargo... I can never tell?

Next time you're up there, we should all chip in to have you drop off a cookie basket or something as a gesture of thanks to the wonderful staff up there. I'm guessing there's no Starbucks up there?
Old Oct 4, 2007, 7:06 pm

Next time you're up there, we should all chip in to have you drop off a cookie basket or something as a gesture of thanks to the wonderful staff up there. I'm guessing there's no Starbucks up there?
I don't believe there is.

Maybe we should all buy some baskets of French Meadow Bakery cookies and charge NW scoop with flying up there non-rev some day to deliver them on our behalf. Otherwise, I know at least one FTer who flies out of there and he'd be happy to deliver it on our behalf.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 8:05 pm

wow, dropping of the BP is cool! are these also the Elite Services folks or is that all in Fargo... I can never tell?

No Starbucks, but there is a Caribou Coffee in Hibbing (5 miles away).

I actually am up in those parts at least monthly--visiting an ailing family member.

I think that it is a split between Elite and "regular" agents. I've talked to friends who have worked as both--so I'm inclined so say that there's a mix of each.

I could handle a "token" delivery; is there interest from anyone else?
Old Oct 4, 2007, 8:09 pm

I'm interested. If enough of us pitch in a few bucks, I bet we could get something really nice for all the agents up there to share. That'd be a great gesture in the name of the WorldPerks forum on FlyerTalk as well as to show our appreciation for their work and the non-outsourced agents.

If we decide on what to get (basket of baked goods, flowers, coffees, etc.) and set a goal of how much of it to get, then we could have a target amount to shoot for.

Perhaps this should be split into a new thread?
Old Oct 4, 2007, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No Starbucks, but there is a Caribou Coffee in Hibbing (5 miles away).

Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
I'm interested. That'd be a great gesture in the name of the WorldPerks forum on FlyerTalk as well as to show our appreciation for their work and the non-outsourced agents.
I'd actually say let's see how much $ and work backwards, if cjheck is willing maybe he could go to Caribou in Hibbing and load up on incremental treats for the dollar amount and deliver with a card on our behalf?

cjheck: do you have PayPal?
Old Oct 5, 2007, 7:20 am

I'd actually say let's see how much $ and work backwards
I was just thinking people would prefer to have a known milestone working toward instead of blindly dumping money into an abyss and hoping that people would buy something nice with it...

But your way works, too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.