Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

trying to book to Hawaii with frequent flyer miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

trying to book to Hawaii with frequent flyer miles

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2002, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by deelong:
Hey Everybody-

Thanks! I really learned a lot from all of your posts, especially Socrates. We're booked through to Hilo on the day following our desired departure and waitlisted for the previous day. Returning on Continental via
Houston on a pretty decent schedule also.

Thanks again!

</font>
Have a fun!!!!
Old Nov 26, 2002, 8:23 am

Just as an after-thought, I tried booking F class award seats DTW-HNL this past September for weeks (and I'm an employee!)

I finally got the outbound flight (not the one I wanted) at 7:00am so I had a 5 hr sit in LAX.

The return I couldn't get at all! I finally tried requesting seats on HA HNL-SFO where I picked up NW SFO-DTW and I got the two F (Booked in D) on HA instantly!

So, next time I'd ask the NW agents to try a schedule using HA, since they are a partner and miles can be redeemed on them from the mainland to Hawaii and vice-versa.

One can only ACCRUE miles on NW flights beteen the mainland and Hawaii.
Old Nov 26, 2002, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PARSpro:
Just as an after-thought, I tried booking F class award seats DTW-HNL this past September for weeks (and I'm an employee!)

I finally got the outbound flight (not the one I wanted) at 7:00am so I had a 5 hr sit in LAX.

The return I couldn't get at all! I finally tried requesting seats on HA HNL-SFO where I picked up NW SFO-DTW and I got the two F (Booked in D) on HA instantly!

So, next time I'd ask the NW agents to try a schedule using HA, since they are a partner and miles can be redeemed on them from the mainland to Hawaii and vice-versa.

One can only ACCRUE miles on NW flights beteen the mainland and Hawaii.
</font>
And don't forget you can also accrue on HA interisland flights

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.