Wiki Posts
Search

Kudos to lurker flight attendants

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2007, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lapsed DL North PE, now nothing
Kudos to lurker flight attendants

I flew MSP-DTW on my way to DUS this past weekend and the flight attendant in F told me he was a lurker flyertalker. I'm just posting to give him, and other lurker FA's, credit for the good work they do. Glad to have you folks on this site, and thank you for all the good service and friendliness you show on the NW flights we fly!
Old Sep 11, 2007, 6:12 pm

Programs: DL GE
Originally Posted by lotalota
I flew MSP-DTW on my way to DUS this past weekend and the flight attendant in F told me he was a lurker flyertalker. I'm just posting to give him, and other lurker FA's, credit for the good work they do. Glad to have you folks on this site, and thank you for all the good service and friendliness you show on the NW flights we fly!
I feel like I am missing something simple, sorry lol

How did he know you where a FTer? Do you expose your self?

Scary! Although if anyone saw me on a flight they could easily put two and two together from my side bar
Old Sep 11, 2007, 6:21 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
maybe his BAG TAG gave it away Do you have one...

Get noticed in any airport with your FT bag tag and support a good cause!

http://www.flyertalk.com/storefr.shtml
Old Sep 11, 2007, 6:27 pm

Programs: DL GE
I never saw that before, I'll have to order some when I get home.

Does that say Priority at the bottom? LOL Nice!
Old Sep 11, 2007, 7:09 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
If anyone from NW034 SEA-AMS on Aug 8th is lurking... THANK YOU for a great flight! I have the captain's and purser's names to send an email to NW. (I should do that right now while I'm thinking of it.)
Old Sep 11, 2007, 8:31 pm

Programs: DL DM & MM, Hilton Diamond, IC Plt Amb , Marriott LTP, Hertz President's Circle
thezipper; next time these tags are printed, please make sure that they say PRIORITY as they look like the NWA tags. Good laugh for all FT'ers and the "issue" w/ NWA priority tagged bags.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 9:41 pm

Programs: NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by NWAsilvELITE
thezipper; next time these tags are printed, please make sure that they say PRIORITY as they look like the NWA tags.
Now that would be an exciting enhancement.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by NWAsilvELITE
thezipper; next time these tags are printed, please make sure that they say PRIORITY as they look like the NWA tags. Good laugh for all FT'ers and the "issue" w/ NWA priority tagged bags.
You'll have to address that suggestion to the House of Miles folks; not us moderators. But, yes, the tags do boldly state PRIORITY at the bottom.*

*Disclaimer: On Northwest, this might actually mean that your bags come out, gasp, LAST!
Old Sep 11, 2007, 10:47 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, 2 MM
Originally Posted by slippahs
*Disclaimer: On Northwest, this might actually mean that your bags come out, gasp, LAST!
Good one, Slippahs! And so very true.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 11:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Plat, NW Plat
Originally Posted by thezipper
maybe his BAG TAG gave it away Do you have one...

Get noticed in any airport with your FT bag tag and support a good cause!

http://www.flyertalk.com/storefr.shtml
Your link doesn't work. Try this:

http://www.webflyer.com/ft/cart/stor...frame143284%22
Old Sep 12, 2007, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Originally Posted by slippahs
You'll have to address that suggestion to the House of Miles folks; not us moderators. But, yes, the tags do boldly state PRIORITY at the bottom.*

I solved that problem... am in the midst of a 2-week trip (Hawaii > Switzerland > France > Scotland > Switzerland > California > Hawaii) with only a 22" rolling carry-on. And yes, it's got a FlyerTalk tag on it!

It is great to clear immigration at Edinburgh and just stroll past the conveyors and out the door, knowing that people with checked bags will be standing there for 10 minutes - as I always was in the past - before the first bag appears.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 8:47 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pragakhan
How did he know you where a FTer? Do you expose your self?
I hope not!!! That may get you kicked off of the flight .
Old Sep 12, 2007, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lapsed DL North PE, now nothing
I didn't expose myself, and my Flyertalk tag was in the overhead compartment. He just got into a conversation with those of us in the front row when he noticed that everyone in F was connecting to Europe. I mentioned that I was doing a mileage run, and he asked if I was a Flyertalker. I was surprised that FA's were flyertalkers and were interested, and we had a good talk.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by lotalota
I didn't expose myself, and my Flyertalk tag was in the overhead compartment. He just got into a conversation with those of us in the front row when he noticed that everyone in F was connecting to Europe. I mentioned that I was doing a mileage run, and he asked if I was a Flyertalker. I was surprised that FA's were flyertalkers and were interested, and we had a good talk.
We appreciate you not "exposing" yourself in First Class. I hope you enjoyed your Atlantic 757 mileage run, and thanks for the kudos!
Old Sep 13, 2007, 2:44 pm

Programs: NWA, AC., SWA, AA.,UA, HH
Hope you don't mind me asking but just what exactly were the terms of your MR?
i.e the itinerary and cost
I'm hoping to do one soon and I'm a newbie. Would like to learn from someone who is experienced.
I'm sure there are others out there like me.
Thanks
Jigger

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.