Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

FlyerTalk Chat with Russ Hinckley 6/13/02

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FlyerTalk Chat with Russ Hinckley 6/13/02

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2002, 12:22 pm
Suspended

Well I am sure you are aware not all of us are NW elites.
I suppose I could say I really dont care about the privilages for elites ( I just said it didnt I?) but Russ Hincley is with WorldPerks not WorldElitePerks.

I still find it difficult to match some of the bonus miles especially when there are a large numbers of simultaneous bonuses being run like now.
Mike
Old Jun 9, 2002, 1:25 pm

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
I might as well type my questions here so that I don't forget or so that someone else may ask them:

1. Why can't we view upgrade space availability (I class) for international flights online? Any plans to allow this? Sure beats calling an agent and sure helps out the agents if this existed.

2. Why can't we book WBC awards that involve a US domestic connection? It kind of diminishes the discount mileage certificates from the nwa.com club. Any plans to fix this?

- Pat
Old Jun 10, 2002, 12:49 pm

Now that Congress allows federal travelers on official business collect and keep the FF miles for personal use, why not make all of those class fares eligible for the numerous miles and upgrade promotions? Not just selected fares as the government contracted or matched rates are many times more expensive that the "specials" being offered to others....Yes, I realize that they are unrestricted fares (no penalties, no change fees, overnight stays, etc) but this would possibly increase the "brand" loyalty as fed travelers can request matching off contract fares if available.......Food for thought NW!
And yes feds travel on government money but aren't business travelers traveling on OPM (other peoples money) also? Hoping for this change a travel weary fed. Don't even think about Sky Marshals!!!!!
Old Jun 10, 2002, 4:29 pm

Programs: Southwest A List Preferred, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, American Airlines Gold
As someone who worked for the Gov't for 9 years, I can tell you that Gov't fares are generally very low (not including the fact they are completely unrestricted and changeable).

Though I don't have a person stake in this matter anymore, I was very happy to see this change. Federal workers get horribly shafted. They don't even get the basics that most employees get. No frequent flier miles even though the airlines will give them to them? Heck, we had to pay for our own water cooler.
Old Jun 13, 2002, 7:11 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Remember, 8:00 pm ET tonight!
Old Jun 13, 2002, 7:32 am
Suspended

whoopie!!
Old Jun 13, 2002, 10:14 am

Programs: Delta, AA
Let's see...that's 8pm tonight, Thursday June 13---the exact time the puck drops on Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Finals! Who schedules this stuff?? In any event, I will be sitting in Row 2 next to the opponents bench at Joe Louis Arena waiting for my beloved Red WIngs to hoist the Cup at about 11pm. Say hi to Russ for me and...GO WINGS!!!
Old Jun 13, 2002, 10:31 am

Programs: Delta, Hilton, SPG & Hyatt Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by snackyx:
Let's see...that's 8pm tonight, Thursday June 13---the exact time the puck drops on Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Finals! Who schedules this stuff?? In any event, I will be sitting in Row 2 next to the opponents bench at Joe Louis Arena waiting for my beloved Red WIngs to hoist the Cup at about 11pm. Say hi to Russ for me and...GO WINGS!!!</font>
I WISH I HAD THE CHOICE...GO WINGS!
Old Jun 13, 2002, 10:54 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by snackyx:
Let's see... I will be sitting in Row 2 next to the opponents bench at Joe Louis Arena waiting for my beloved Red WIngs to hoist the Cup at about 11pm. </font>
Can I say... I hate you... From this former Michigander, wish I was there with you! Needless to say I'll be flipping between chat and hockey tonight...
Old Jun 13, 2002, 12:13 pm
Suspended

Let's see...that's 8pm tonight, Thursday June 13---the exact time the puck drops on Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Finals! Who schedules this stuff?? In any event, I will be sitting in Row 2 next to the opponents bench at Joe Louis Arena waiting for my beloved Red WIngs to hoist the Cup at about 11pm. Say hi to Russ for me and...GO WINGS!!!</font>
i'm thrilled with the scheduling. no yankee game. but, it is a bad for all of you in Detroit, Michigan.
Old Jun 13, 2002, 8:26 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

So what did I miss everyone?
Old Jun 13, 2002, 8:44 pm
R&R

As RosanaDana said 'Never mind'!

[This message has been edited by R&R (edited 06-14-2002).]

Old Jun 13, 2002, 9:50 pm
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by doc:
So what did I miss everyone? </font>
Not much. My vote for the most disingenuous answer was the reply to the question from MileKing about why off peak awards were eliminated. The answer was that "off peak awards cause confusion".

I don't think that FreqFlyers are concerned about complicated FF rules, rather we seem to thrive on them. Both the Fly Free faster promos have very complicated rules. Besides, off peak awards are not complicated anyway and I don't know what confusion they could cause.
Old Jun 13, 2002, 10:48 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Alaska MVP, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, UA Kettle
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PG:
My vote for the most disingenuous answer was the reply to the question from MileKing about why off peak awards were eliminated. The answer was that "off peak awards cause confusion".</font>
hmm.. guess I didn't miss out on too much..

-Robert
Old Jun 13, 2002, 11:18 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PG:
Not much. My vote for the most disingenuous answer was the reply to the question from MileKing about why off peak awards were eliminated. The answer was that "off peak awards cause confusion".</font>
I found Russ's answer not only credible, but reasonable. FTers can easily handle complicated promos, but the person who only ever had 20k in his FF account is a different customer, and much more likely not to know details. If the CSRs have to explain all the restrictions, that takes time, and time is money. Also, you may alienate the customer if he feels like it was a bait and switch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.