Wiki Posts
Search

Seat 10B on a 333

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2007, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Seat 10B on a 333

When I was rescheduling my European trip that is later this month, the nice lady at the Elite line gave me 10B (exit row) on my DTW-AMS leg. Now I know a lot of people here really like that seat, but never having sat in it, I have some questions:

The tray tables (and IFE?) are in the arms, making for a narrower seat. How much narrower? I'm a bit of a widebody myself so the loss of any horizontal space is of concern I never watch the IFE (I have queued up many hours of my favorite shows on my iPod which does me fine)

Do you find the traffic a bother, what with the galley and stuff right there? I usually do bring a mask if I feel like sleeping.

And lastly, do you gaze longingly at the WBC seats right in front you

I usually go for an aisle seat in the middle section and hope for an empty seat next to me (about 40% of the time) and spread out into that.

TIA.
Old Aug 1, 2007, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
When I was rescheduling my European trip that is later this month, the nice lady at the Elite line gave me 10B (exit row) on my DTW-AMS leg. Now I know a lot of people here really like that seat, but never having sat in it, I have some questions:

The tray tables (and IFE?) are in the arms, making for a narrower seat. How much narrower? I'm a bit of a widebody myself so the loss of any horizontal space is of concern I never watch the IFE (I have queued up many hours of my favorite shows on my iPod which does me fine)

Do you find the traffic a bother, what with the galley and stuff right there? I usually do bring a mask if I feel like sleeping.

I usually go for an aisle seat in the middle section and hope for an empty seat next to me (about 40% of the time) and spread out into that.

TIA.
empty seat next to you: not going to happen
I like the IFE that way
less traffic than elsewhere IMO
sometimes you can get some goodies which are not needed anymore in C
Seat is fine for me ... but I don't know you
Old Aug 1, 2007, 7:45 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Seat width ldifference less than an inch. Very comfortable. I prefer the window seat so you are that much further away from the action up and down the aisle.
Old Aug 1, 2007, 10:49 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
About the only traffic you get around that seat is from the FAs. After meal service it isn't bad. The lav is for WBC, so the Y passengers (most, anyway) go towards the back. I always use earplugs and a mask, and find the activity to not be a problem.
Old Aug 2, 2007, 4:02 am

Sure, you will always yearn for that WBC seat upfront, but
understand, that you got one of the best coach seats
in the house. No, you will not miss the inch of horizontal
room, there won't be more traffic, but it will be cold, so
try to secure an extra blanket before take-off, before
everybody boarded and grabbed all blankets. FWIW, I
am beginning to question my prior habit to always upgrade
with miles to WBC, when flying an Airbus from NRT to a
westcoast destination ( not DTW or MSP ) I usually can
pick the exit seat and enjoy unlimited legroom without
the 60000 miles spent. And domestically I get upgraded
most likely ( 100 percent in the past ).
So, enjoy your seat, much better than hoping for an empty
seat next to you. As another poster said "ain't going to
happen".
Old Aug 2, 2007, 6:11 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
Yes, but it can be funny. I was in 10B on my last DTW-AMS flight. The guy in 10A was really funny - he was joking about the people in WBC and how they're probably all idiots. We did get WBC goodies though. ^
Old Aug 2, 2007, 7:46 am

Programs: NW Silver Elite
Originally Posted by florin
Yes, but it can be funny. I was in 10B on my last DTW-AMS flight. The guy in 10A was really funny - he was joking about the people in WBC and how they're probably all idiots. We did get WBC goodies though. ^
I have heard many times while either sitting in first or WBC snide comments from pax going to coach. Ranges from snobs to they must think they're better than everyone else.

Never ceases to amaze me what jealousy will make people say. Either pay for the seat up front or at least fly as much as this lowly silver and take the EUA with gratitude when you get it.
Old Aug 2, 2007, 8:25 am

Programs: Delta PM; Sheraton's Vistana BOD; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by florin
We did get WBC goodies though. ^
Just curious... I have been in row 10 numerous times and never received any WBC goodies. What "goodies" did you you receive?
Old Aug 2, 2007, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
What EUA? It's TATL with no EUA. Never been OpUped, either.

I don't like row 10. No place to put ANYTHING. No seat pocket in front of you seems to be a nothing issue, but it bothers me.

I usually target the left aisle middle, second row. 13C. Just my personal preference.
Old Aug 2, 2007, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by nwdc10
I have heard many times while either sitting in first or WBC snide comments from pax going to coach. Ranges from snobs to they must think they're better than everyone else.
That's now what I said tho. Nobody was making snide comments and the pax sitting next to me was not jealous at all; he was just a funny guy who cracked some jokes.
Old Aug 2, 2007, 9:40 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat, National Exec Elite
I have sat in 10 plenty, i really like 12C, you get rid of all the galley noise.
Old Aug 2, 2007, 11:04 am

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
The only thing that bothered me was the fact I had to walk towards the back (and hope there's no meal/drink service in the aisle) whenever I need to go use the restroom.

If all the choices available to me, I'd pick 29A/J. It's darker back there, which means easier to sleep compare to row 10. The hump from the emergency slide did not bother me.
Old Aug 2, 2007, 1:57 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Originally Posted by aSiAnRiCk
If all the choices available to me, I'd pick 29A/J. It's darker back there, which means easier to sleep compare to row 10. The hump from the emergency slide did not bother me.
To much activity near the restroom around there for my taste. Row 10 works better for me.
Old Aug 2, 2007, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Originally Posted by nwdc10
I have heard many times while either sitting in first or WBC snide comments from pax going to coach.
Only comments I've ever gotten from anyone were from a FA on a CO TATL 752 who turned around and noticed that I had materialized in 7C, front exit row of Y. (Being plat and pre-boarding does result in this.) And they were just of the "how did you get on here?" variety. I just smiled.

I did get plenty of wistful looks from other Y pax as they walked by, heading to seats with a lot less legroom.
Old Aug 3, 2007, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by yogimax
Just curious... I have been in row 10 numerous times and never received any WBC goodies. What "goodies" did you you receive?
I've been in row 10 on the TATL A333s quite a bit myself. It happens seldom, but once in a while the purser takes pity on 10A and 10B pax. That one time we got WBC wine. (It was right after we had finished our Y [peasant] wine and the difference was BIG.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.