Wiki Posts
Search

checking for open seats

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2002, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Gold, US Airways silver
checking for open seats

There has been some talk about being able to check before making reservations (or after) about open seats on flights. This is relatively easy to do on DL, but I have not been able to figure out how to do this on NW. Also, can you provide me a refresher about F vs P assignments. I recall seeing something about that but could not find it again.

Tx.
Old Jan 3, 2002, 2:18 pm
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
Easiest place to do it is American Express:
http://www.itn.com
Pick you flight, then click make seat assignement (You do not need to make a reservation or even log in)
Old Jan 3, 2002, 4:02 pm

I tried it for flight another airline and came away pretty depressed. Looks like my flights to Asia are nearly fully booked with only middle seats available. Is it possible that they are holding alot of the seats for airport check in only?
Old Jan 6, 2002, 1:48 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by chubroach:
I tried it for flight another airline and came away pretty depressed. Looks like my flights to Asia are nearly fully booked with only middle seats available. Is it possible that they are holding alot of the seats for airport check in only?</font>
Yes, they do that all the time. If you arrive at the airport extra early, you're bound to get somthing better than the middle -- unless it is 100% full.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.