Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need 3,000 cheap miles

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2001, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Need 3,000 cheap miles

Can anyone help with a cheap mileage run on NW or CO (to get me to Platinum). Can do any day between Nov.1 and 15 and would like to avoid an overnight. Can leave from any of these: SBD, FWA, AZO, DTW, GRR, IND.
Old Oct 30, 2001, 2:22 pm

Location: Madison, WI, USA; NW Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Have you done the 200% mileage match? That may be your cheapest solution and you don't even have to get on a plane!
Old Oct 30, 2001, 4:07 pm

Location: NWA Platinum, PC Platinum, HH Gold, Radisson elite, Hertz #1 Gold; National Emerald, Wausau, WI
I've done a mileage run from ORD that should work well nested out of DTW. You can check it and see if it's still there. Do a r/t DTW-ORD, then an ORD-CMH during your "stay" in Chicago. Neither of these really requires much of a stay and it can be done on weekday (there are several other Ohio cities that this will work with). DTW-ORD ticket can be had for as low as $78 and the other r/t should come in around $100 range. By connecting your nested trip through DTW, you'll pick up six segs total and your 3,000 status miles will be in the bag for $200 or less. (You can also originate out of any of the point in this setup and simply nest the ORD-DTW r/t.) Hop on Dream Maps and take a look. I'm presuming that you already did the elite mileage bonus program, as mentioned above.
Old Oct 30, 2001, 10:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Alaska MVP, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, UA Kettle
How about ORD/ANC? Alaska flights are elite qualifying and there's a webfare from ORD to ANC for $239, $252 including taxes. That should equate to 5692 status miles.

You could also get an Alaska account (500 Alaska miles), sign up for myalaskaair.com (1000 Alaska miles), buy your ticket online (1000 Alaska miles) and check in for both flights online (1000 miles) for a total of 5692 NW or CO qualifying miles along with some Alaska bonus miles... just don't forget to give your NW or CO number when you get to the airport.

I'm doing this flight tomorrow but I'm Gold with Alaska. With all the bonuses (double miles, elite, first class, online booking, web checkin) I'll be getting a little over 22,000 miles for the flight.

-Robert
Old Oct 31, 2001, 6:15 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
Also if you take the Alaska flight do not forget to register for the 2-4-6-8 promotion with wp. You will receive an addition 2k miles for the first two segments and up to 20k miles for 8 segments on Alaska and nw.
http://www.nwa.com/offers/nwas20k/
Old Oct 31, 2001, 8:56 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
Oops just noticed that you had to register before flying the nw segments on the 2-4-6-8 also. This will not help you but perhaps it will help some one else.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.