Wiki Posts
Search

NW Elite upgrades on CO

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2001, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, AA
NW Elite upgrades on CO

I know this subject has been hashed over in the past on numerous threads, but what is the current mindset regarding NW Elites getting upgrades on CO domestic flights?

Does CO use the automatic upgrade system that NW uses? Should I call the NW Elite line a few days before the flight, and can they manually do anything on a CO flight re: upgrades?

What's my best bet for getting bumped up front as a NW Elite on CO?
Old Sep 27, 2001, 7:54 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT, DL DM 2MM, MC LT Titanium, IHG Spire, HY Glbist
I've never had a problem getting upgraded on CO metal. I've been upgraded on all of my flights on CO, and 90% of the time it happens automatically when the platinum window opens 5 days out. When on CO metal, I always call the NW Plat desk when the 5 day window opens to check on the status of the upgrade and get seat assignments.

When you call NW, just tell the agent what CO flights you're on and they can access the PNR and check on the upgrade and do the seats.

As for what's the best bet on getting bumped up, you have (supposedly) the same chances as a CO elite of the same level.
Old Sep 28, 2001, 9:39 pm

I just did mileage run as NW Silver on CO metal and got u/graded 3 out of 4 segments.
The auto email notification did not happen but the u/grade was in place when I arrived at the airport.
See also:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum35/HTML/001781.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.