Wiki Posts
Search

No more low fat/low calorie meals?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2001, 1:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold
No more low fat/low calorie meals?

I was very disappointed to find that the food in coach has gotten much worse this year (heated sandwiches in a bag) from previous years, where I thought it was quite good (for airplane food).

I was even more disappointed to find out today, when making a reservation for late October, that as of Sept. 1, NWA is discontinuing their low fat/low calorie meal option. The CS agent on the phone said that they're cutting down on meal options available with their "new" (and in my opinion, much worse) menu.

Anyone else know what NWA is thinking? Is it just a matter of $$? Because I think cutting back on service doesn't help win over customers who have lots of options of what airline to fly...
Old Aug 2, 2001, 3:33 am

"You can make a pizza so cheap that no one will want to buy it," is an apt metaphor coined by Gordon Bethune, who we all know is CO's chairman and chief executive, and which CO happens to be NW's close partner.

It's counterproductive to blindly slash-slash-slash product in the interest of saving cost. I hope the invigoration that is implied by Anderson's taking over the reigns is not usurped by naivity in listening too much to his bean-counters and MBA underlings who are long on theory but short-sighted on repurcussions in practice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.