Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

DUS: business lounge access with NW WorldClub card and showers?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2007, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, ZSR, MHD ;)

Hello

I'm booked on NW DUS-DTW flight in summer. I want to find out if as a NW WorldClub card holder I have access to the Air France lounge at DUS. NWA on thier web site says there is no affiliated lounge at DUS. But AF says they have there a business lounge. Worldclub card holders do have access to AF lounges, right?

Also in case I have access to AF business lounge, it does seem that there is no shower at AF lounge. Can anybody advise if there is inexpensive day use hotel or shower use facility @ DUS? I thinking a something similar to Mercury hotel @ AMS...

Last edited by Jano; May 28, 2007 at 6:55 am
Old May 28, 2007, 5:17 am

Programs: NW Gold; lifetime WorldClubs
Jano,

the Air France lounge in Duesseldorf is fairly small. I have been there several times lately, and while space has never been an issue (read: it doesn't get crowed), there are no showers. Whether or not you have access as a WorldClubs member I don't know - my guess is yes, for the "NWA" logo is outside on the door, but I haven't tried it recently (I was always on business class tickets when travelling from DUS).

There is a hotel attached to the airport: the Arabella Sheraton. They have a "day room" offer (see this link) for a ridiculous amount of money, 129 Euros. Maybe it's worth calling them to see if they are willing to give a room for just a few minutes, rather than all day.

- Martin
Old May 29, 2007, 9:39 am
Company Representative - Northwest Airlines

Programs: NW WorldPerks
Originally Posted by Jano
Hello

I'm booked on NW DUS-DTW flight in summer. I want to find out if as a NW WorldClub card holder I have access to the Air France lounge at DUS. NWA on thier web site says there is no affiliated lounge at DUS. But AF says they have there a business lounge. Worldclub card holders do have access to AF lounges, right?

Also in case I have access to AF business lounge, it does seem that there is no shower at AF lounge. Can anybody advise if there is inexpensive day use hotel or shower use facility @ DUS? I thinking a something similar to Mercury hotel @ AMS...

In response to your question, the short answer is no. WorldClubs members do not have access to the business class lounge in DUS. For a complete listing of lounges that WorldClubs members may access in Europe, visit http://www.nwa.com/services/bustrav/.../wceurope.html.

Only passengers flying in WorldBusiness Class or WorldPerks Platinum Elite/SkyTeam Elite Plus members flying on an international itinerary have access to this (SkyTeam) lounge in DUS.

NW scoop
Old May 29, 2007, 1:09 pm

Programs: NW Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by NW scoop
In response to your question, the short answer is no. WorldClubs members do not have access to the business class lounge in DUS. For a complete listing of lounges that WorldClubs members may access in Europe, visit http://www.nwa.com/services/bustrav/.../wceurope.html.
NW scoop
This list isn't entirely accurate. The AF lounge in GRU did not admit me yesterday w/ my WC card.
Old May 29, 2007, 1:40 pm

Programs: Northwest Platinum
I was under the impression that WC members were supposed to have access to all AF, KL, DL, CO, NW lounges everywhere in the world.

Is it just KL,CO,DL,NW and not AF lounges?
Old May 29, 2007, 2:21 pm

Programs: NW Platinum Elite
I know DL only admits you if you are holding a DL boarding pass for that day. I believe this is true even if you're a CRC member.
Old May 29, 2007, 3:41 pm

Programs: Northwest Platinum
Originally Posted by zbc42782
I know DL only admits you if you are holding a DL boarding pass for that day. I believe this is true even if you're a CRC member.
Not true anymore.
Old May 29, 2007, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by zbc42782
This not true. All PC/WC as well as CRC members may access DL-operated CRCs, regardless of carrier flown that day. SkyTeam Elite Plus members are given access with a same-day international ticket onboard a SkyTeam member-operated flight, regardless of class of service.
Old May 29, 2007, 3:58 pm
Company Representative - Northwest Airlines

Programs: NW WorldPerks
Originally Posted by sany2
I was under the impression that WC members were supposed to have access to all AF, KL, DL, CO, NW lounges everywhere in the world.

WorldClubs members may access:
Lounges listed in the directory at nwa.com

SkyTeam lounge access (All SkyTeam partner operated lounges) is granted to:
Passengers travelling on a World Business Class ticket
-or-
WorldPerks Platinum Elite/SkyTeam Elite Plus on an international itinerary

In some cities, only SkyTeam Elite Plus members are allowed into the lounges. NW has lounge agreements with DL, CO, KL & AS and a few carriers as noted in our lounge directory. We continue to work on expanding this list with other carriers.

NW scoop
Old May 30, 2007, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by sany2

There is a difference between the "lounge" and the "Business Class Lounge". These are premium versions of the club set aside for Business class travelers. Some have 3 tiers: 1. Regular "club" (Your WC card gets you into those) 2. Business Class Lounge (Traveling on a Biz ticket or higher) and 3. First Class Lounge (Designated for only those traveling in FC). The Biz and FC lounges are for just that, biz and FC pax. The differences are lighter crowd, better food, better booze and in general, a more "high end" experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.