Search

Using NW miles on AF

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2007, 8:25 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Platinum
Using NW miles on AF

I am helping a family member use up some NW miles. They want to fly JFK-CDG in business, on the morning flight. How do I figure out availability for use of NW miles? Also, is there a level at which you can redeem an award regardless of availability, sort of the way AA has AAnytime awards?
Old Mar 12, 2007, 8:32 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
This chart will give you a good idea... PerkPass is the unrestricted award that you can use anytime...

Originally Posted by Fly AA J all the way
I am helping a family member use up some NW miles. They want to fly JFK-CDG in business, on the morning flight. How do I figure out availability for use of NW miles? Also, is there a level at which you can redeem an award regardless of availability, sort of the way AA has AAnytime awards?
Old Mar 12, 2007, 8:41 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thezipper
This chart will give you a good idea... PerkPass is the unrestricted award that you can use anytime...
But that says it's only for flights opperated by NW, CO, or KL, not AF. Is there something that would give me the AF info?
Old Mar 12, 2007, 8:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExecPlat
I think the easiest way would be to find the flight(s) you are interested in and then calling up the FF line to ask about award availability on those particular flights. Or if you are flexible, you can ask them to search for available flights for you.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 9:23 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Titanium
AF does not permit perkpass - only perksaver. All AF business US-EU is 100,000 in J.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 10:52 pm

Programs: UA GS; Former Alaska MVPG75/DL Diamond/NW Platinum/BA Gold
Originally Posted by gldwebs
AF does not permit perkpass - only perksaver. All AF business US-EU is 100,000 in J.
Ah, that explains a lot. You learn something new every day.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 2:37 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gldwebs
So you're telling me that if there is a J inventory seat on AF I can use 100k NW miles to get it? That seems odd only because of how many J seats there are.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Fly AA J all the way
So you're telling me that if there is a J inventory seat on AF I can use 100k NW miles to get it? That seems odd only because of how many J seats there are.
No, im saying it is either perksaver or nothing. If they have no perksaver seats then you have to pony up the cash for that J seat.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 4:33 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, DL Silver, UA Gold, *A Gold, OW Emerald
What morning flight? I wish there were one.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 6:00 pm

Programs: DL Million Miler
>>>>>>So you're telling me that if there is a J inventory seat on AF I can use 100k NW miles to get it?

It's not J inventory but O (as in Oscar) inventory (in AF business class).
Old Mar 13, 2007, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by Orion
What morning flight? I wish there were one.
AF has announced a daytime JFK -> CDG flight starting in a couple months.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/travellog/deals/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.