Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

What exactly do worldclub agents do?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2007, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat, Ritz Carlton Plat, Hyatt Diamond, DL Diamond, UA 1K, Hertz President's Circle

Hi,

I got an AMEX platinum card a few months ago, so I've been using the worldclubs regularly.

I am told that the WC agents can serve a number of helpful functions, but I'm not exactly sure what they are.

For example it would be great if I could get on the volunteer list via the worldclub, as opposed to going to the gate (and waiting for the agent to arrive to be #1 on the list).

Is that possible?

Are there other services I'm not aware of?

Thanks
Old Feb 12, 2007, 4:05 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by emoney1978
Hi,

I got an AMEX platinum card a few months ago, so I've been using the worldclubs regularly.

I am told that the WC agents can serve a number of helpful functions, but I'm not exactly sure what they are.

For example it would be great if I could get on the volunteer list via the worldclub, as opposed to going to the gate (and waiting for the agent to arrive to be #1 on the list).

Is that possible?

Are there other services I'm not aware of?

Thanks
Volunteer list is only done at the gate, at least any time I have inquired.

You can get rebooked in case of delays/cancellations which avoids long lines at the gate or at the ticketing counter (NW operated only - if you are on Mesaba/Pinnacle, you must go to the gate in case of a cancellation for vouchers and/or rebooking). They can give you info about the flights (on time, oversold, etc). Not sure what else. I don't need to use them that often.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 4:08 pm

I look at Worldclub agents as being able to answer nearly every question you could want to ask a gate agent, but which you would not normally bother a GA with.

Here are some examples:

-Is my flight oversold? If so by how many? How many are checked in? How many volunteers do you think they will take?

--Note: Although a WC agent can add you to the volunteer list, I always go down and do it in person if it is a good bump chance. I think it helps to work the deal in person.

-My flights are all messed up (Irrops) can you help? Unless you are first in line for rebooking always head to the club.

-What is my place on the upgrade list? Does it look good?

-Is anyone seated next to me?

-Can you improve this god awful seat I am assigned?
Old Feb 12, 2007, 4:47 pm

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by humanoid94
I look at Worldclub agents as being able to answer nearly every question you could want to ask a gate agent, but which you would not normally bother a GA with.

Here are some examples:

-Is my flight oversold? If so by how many? How many are checked in? How many volunteers do you think they will take?

--Note: Although a WC agent can add you to the volunteer list, I always go down and do it in person if it is a good bump chance. I think it helps to work the deal in person.

-My flights are all messed up (Irrops) can you help? Unless you are first in line for rebooking always head to the club.

-What is my place on the upgrade list? Does it look good?

-Is anyone seated next to me?

-Can you improve this god awful seat I am assigned?
Let me add this one to the list -- I'm running ahead of schedule, any change of getting out of here early?

The WC agents will usually give you a better answer than you'll get at the gate.

My experience is NW puts some of their best people at the WC desks ....

Bob H
Old Feb 12, 2007, 5:24 pm

They can also check you in (useful if you're arriving at an airport via another carrier and haven't done OLCI) as well as work on existing and potential reservations. They can act as a pseudo-ticketing agent as well as a pseudo-GA.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 7:17 pm

It is also easier to get to know the WC agents who can become your angel when you really need something.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
They can also check you in (useful if you're arriving at an airport via another carrier and haven't done OLCI) as well as work on existing and potential reservations. They can act as a pseudo-ticketing agent as well as a pseudo-GA.
However, they don't ticket new itineraries. For that, they say, you must call, ticket outside at the ATO, or use nwa.com.

Still, WC agents are the best in the system, especially those in HNL.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 8:08 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Welllll... my hometown DCA agents are pretty good too

Originally Posted by slippahs
Still, WC agents are the best in the system, especially those in HNL.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by thezipper
Welllll... my hometown DCA agents are pretty good too
"Pretty good" doesn't match up to "especially those," now does it?

Nah, in all honesty, I don't discount the fact that the DCA agents are even better than those in HNL. My opinions are always just based on my experiences.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 8:45 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
The WorldClub agents at ORD have saved many a day for me when there have been delays or mechanicals.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 8:51 pm

Programs: Northwest Platinum
For as long as I've been a WC member, I have never used the WC agents for more than a "how is the upgrade situation looking"..

I'd never thought of going to them when a flight gets cancelled. I always hop on the phone, but I suppose the WC agent would be more helpful.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 10:23 pm

Programs: DL Diamond. LT SkyClub, AGR, passport
And don't forget when you are traveling Intn'l the WC agent can verify your passport documents and stamp your BP (saves you time waiting in line at the gate area.)
Old Feb 12, 2007, 11:05 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, National Emerald Club, no airline affinity status
I totally agree with Slippahs. We have been spoiled with some of the best WC agents in the entire system. Hands down, these ladies are great. I have used them many times to arrange upgrades, etc. Once, I left behind my travel pillow. I stupidly left it on my bag at the check in counter. She offered to go out to the counter and check for me and save me from having to go back through TSA. I am going to miss them when I move to Denver this summer.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 11:50 pm

Programs: DL Diamond Charter Member, 3 Million Miler, Hertz Pres Club, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BobH
Let me add this one to the list -- I'm running ahead of schedule, any change of getting out of here early?

The WC agents will usually give you a better answer than you'll get at the gate.

My experience is NW puts some of their best people at the WC desks ....

Bob H
At Memphis, especially, there are several terrific women. In Detroit by Gate 38, at the downstairs check-in desk, I fairly often get a very uninterested, "business brusque" reaction that makes it clear that I am an interruption to personal conversations. But, then the other day one of the women was truly concerned that she had not seen me for a while.

NW is missing a huge opportunity to treat guests like you would be expect to be treated when you arrived at a first class country club, or University Club in Chicago, etc. What would it take to do that consistently? The benefit to NW's World Club business would be incredible.

Last edited by Allanf; Feb 13, 2007 at 11:23 am
Old Feb 13, 2007, 7:27 am

The WC ladies at the F/G concourse in MSP are excellent and always happy and smiling! Nothing is to much trouble and they even volunteer info I had not thought to ask about.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.