Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

For Display Only-ladder Exceeds Automated Tk

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2007, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

What exactly does this mean? It's in the notes at the bottom of a lengthy itinerary. Thanks in advance.

Important Fare Notes

* FOR DISPLAY ONLY-LADDER EXCEEDS AUTOMATED TK
* NON-REFUNDABLE//PENALTY FOR CHANGES/NONREF/NW/KL ONLY
* PRICING RULES VALIDATING CARRIER DEFAULT NW
* SURCHARGE APPLIED
* FARE SELECTED - SR
* E-CERT FARE ONLY
Old Jan 30, 2007, 9:59 pm

I've done RTW tickets where I had a PNR containing between 26 and 34 segments.

For lengthy itineraries, they can't just spit out the paper tickets in sequence. I think there's a limit of 8 - 12 coupons they can print per itinerary (VegasAgent will know for sure). Reservations will put the entire itinerary into one record, and then the ticket office agent has to build a separate record with the number of segments/tickets past the printer limit. After all that, they can then they print out your entire ticket (comprising multiple records).

So when doing a RTW ticket and you're sitting around an airport ticket counter or a CTO (which still exist in Asia), it's best to just expect to sit around for at least an hour or two (if you can't get away to do other errands that morning or afternoon) while the agents wrestle with the itinerary.

That's my GUESS as to what that line means.
Old Jan 31, 2007, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply. I was guessing that's what it was (too big) but I wasn't sure what "I" needed to do or be aware of. Will it all be taken care of at the departure city airport ticket counter then? Thanks!
Old Jan 31, 2007, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by lovetotravel06
Will it all be taken care of at the departure city airport ticket counter then?
If my guess was correct, then yes, it would all be taken care of at the ticket counter. Go there early (or during a quiet time between flights) and ask the agent to examine your record and figure how long it will take to issue the ticket. Assume it'll take a few hours and that you'll have to come back to pick it up.

If they say "a few hours", I'd suggest bringing back a little box of chocolates. Huge tickets are a big pain to do, so any nice gesture would certainly be appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.