Wiki Posts
Search

Gold membership packet

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2007, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold
Gold membership packet

I made Gold in December and still haven't received anything from NW. Is this typcial? My status is correct on NWA.com, but was wondering about my card, tags, etc.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 8:38 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
I'm still waiting for my Plat card too...made it on 12/13. I think the website said 3-4 weeks.....I'm trying to be patient. You can also print a temporary card from nwa.com
Old Jan 8, 2007, 9:00 pm

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
I would guess (hope?) that since the next membership year is starting, they won't send out new cards that expire on 2/28/07. You are probably in the queue to have them mailed out with everyone else for the year ending 2/29/08. I remain gold, so no change for me anyway.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 9:05 pm

Programs: Marriot PE, NWA PE
2007 Elite Membership

Mine always seems to come the second week of February every year
Old Jan 8, 2007, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by Duke1981
I made Gold in December and still haven't received anything from NW. Is this typcial? My status is correct on NWA.com, but was wondering about my card, tags, etc.
My wife made Plat on 12/4. Her Plat packet finally arrived 1/3.

Be patient. In the interim you can print a temporary WorldPerks membership card.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
When in December did you make gold? I had gold status 12/6- and with holiday mail being what it was, my gold packet showed up around the 26th-27th. My platinum status didn't post until early January, and I really don't know whether they'll go to the trouble of sending me a packet with stuff I can only use for a month.
Old Jan 9, 2007, 2:04 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExecPlat
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
My wife made Plat on 12/4. Her Plat packet finally arrived 1/3.
This is what happened to me as well. I qualified for platinum at about the same time, and just got my packet last Friday if I remember correctly.
Old Jan 9, 2007, 3:16 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
My Plat qualifying segment was 12/10, and haven't received my Plat welcome package yet. Was hoping it would arrive early this week.

Steve B.
Old Jan 9, 2007, 5:34 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Thumbs down

Initially I did not get my Gold card. After 4 weeks I was able to request another one and I got that after another 4 weeks. It took a little over 2 months for me to get it. The same thing happened for Silver. VERY annoying!
Old Jan 9, 2007, 6:00 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by Duke1981
Did you also make SE for the first time in 2006 -- if so that gives you a base line to work from.....

Bob H
Old Jan 9, 2007, 6:45 am
Original Poster

I have been silver for a number of years and made Gold on Dec 14. Maybe in another week or so.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

Recived 2006 packet today (1/17).
Old Jan 17, 2007, 7:05 pm

Programs: Lapsed DL North PE, now nothing
I made GE on 12/27 and haven't received it either. I was told by a phone agent that it had been printed about a week ago, and that I should receive it any day.

I kind of wanted it for some upcoming MR's through NW hubs. I wanted to take advantage of the quicker security. I printed it as they suggested, but it is this tiny little thing on the page and looks kind of stupid.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 7:16 pm

Programs: NW Plat, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by lotalota
I made GE on 12/27 and haven't received it either. I was told by a phone agent that it had been printed about a week ago, and that I should receive it any day.

I kind of wanted it for some upcoming MR's through NW hubs. I wanted to take advantage of the quicker security. I printed it as they suggested, but it is this tiny little thing on the page and looks kind of stupid.
They never check elite cards in the security line. It will say gold on your boarding pass, that is how they will know you are allowed in the line.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 7:31 pm

Programs: Lapsed DL North PE, now nothing
Originally Posted by CmdrThor
They never check elite cards in the security line. It will say gold on your boarding pass, that is how they will know you are allowed in the line.
Fair enough. The NWA website says show your card, but if they just look at the BP that's fine by me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.