Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

How clean was your most recent NW Flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2006, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2 MM

We need to let NW know how well they are doing cleaning aircraft interiors.

Please list the following:

1) NW Flight number
2) Date of flight
3) Where you were sitting (FC, WBC, Y)
4) list your observations (how clean was your seat, traytable, lavatory, etc)

Thanks!

RC
Old Nov 5, 2006, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not listing any specifics, but out of the 62 NW flights I've taken this year, I haven't had a single complaint about cleanliness & 61 of them have been F. Now, if US/DL were to ask this question (especially in regards to their regional carriers), the answer would be completely different.
Old Nov 5, 2006, 8:39 pm

Programs: NW (Plat), PriorityClub (Plat)
Last Sunday I was flying DTW-MSP-MCI in F; while we were still on the ground a gentleman in the seat behind me found an airsick bag that had been used as intended in the the seat back pocket. FA was appropriately mortified and handled it as well and as professionally as one could hope.

But to be fair, it's the only time I've witnessed anything like it.
Old Nov 5, 2006, 8:39 pm

I don't have specific dates or flight numbers in mind, but I was on a morning AUS-MSP flight a few weeks back in F and everything was perfectly acceptable in terms of cleanliness. The tray table had some issues, but that's not the cleaner's issue... MSP-BDL, BDL-MSP, and MSP-AUS were all in Y and all were also totally fine in terms of cleanliness...
Old Nov 5, 2006, 8:45 pm

Programs: NW Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
My MSP-BOS flights always seem to be ok, but my MHT-MSP flights are ususally quite bad. Crumbs all over FC seats, wrappers etc. stuffed in the seatbacks. I'm guessing this is because they don't have much time for cleaning since the incoming flight from MSP has so little turnaround time.
Old Nov 5, 2006, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA, DL, Bonvoy, WoH, HH
In general, Y seats on DC-9 needs some seatcover change...
many are riped off and carpents are full of stains...

Can't NW just buy some Independence airline's nice leather seat???

I want to see more leatherseats on NW.
when ever plane flies more than 2 years,
it gets stinky and personally concerns about ticks on fabric.
Old Nov 5, 2006, 11:42 pm

Programs: NW Gold now, WC, SPG Gold
RC, thanks for the thread. I assume some people will have some advice.
But, I am wondering, what is the news from your visit at NW HEADQUARTERS? I see ZERO threads on the topic. Come on, you must have SOMETHING!!!
Old Nov 6, 2006, 12:02 am
myk

Programs: Hilton Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic
Originally Posted by jameskwon
In general, Y seats on DC-9 needs some seatcover change...
many are riped off and carpents are full of stains...

Can't NW just buy some Independence airline's nice leather seat???

I want to see more leatherseats on NW.
when ever plane flies more than 2 years,
it gets stinky and personally concerns about ticks on fabric.

Personally, I find the cloth seats a lot more.. breathable.. than the leather/fake leather - especially in the summer when its hot out - when I get off a CRJ I have to unstick myself from the seat

And sorry for the O/T reply - I haven't flown on NW for a few weeks due to my last 3 flights being cancelled/resched because of the DC9 scheduling issue, and it was making my life hurt. A few thousand of full fare tickets to a competitor...
Old Nov 6, 2006, 6:54 am
nam

Programs: Delta Gold
50-50

Originally Posted by Radiocycle

1) NW Flight number
2) Date of flight

Thanks!

RC
#775 10-27 FC
#776 10-29 FC

775 was fine in both the cabin and lavatories, but getting on 776 we noticed an odor that could be described as "locker Room" The Lavatory was a mess. Towels not put in receptacle, sink not wiped down.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 7:04 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Originally Posted by Radiocycle

1) NW Flight number
2) Date of flight

Thanks!

RC
Is this a one-time thing for NW, or is this going to be a long-term thread?

My issue is limiting this thread to "cleanliness". "In-cabin aesthetics" might be more representative of the full customer experience, with cleanliness only being one aspect of that. What's the use of a "clean" plane, that is falling apart? For instance:

NW338/03NOV2006/16C: seat made an audible "creak/groan" when shifting in seat, or reclining seat. Audible enough that people looked, and some laughed (including myself). But they should have sat in the seat, for the full effect... the foam was so thin, I could feel the frame under the seat. Very uncomfortable!

No matter how clean the plane is... with that kind of seat, you're not looking at the freshly vacuumed carpeting...

Steve B.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 9:17 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
4 segs over the weekend. All excellent.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 1:04 pm

Programs: NWA Plat, Mariott Double Plat, Starwood Gold
The DC-9's get pretty grungy - dirty air vents, etc. I take quick turn around flights so don't want to blame the cleaners, but FC seats are regularly crumb infested with wrappers and junk in the seat pockets. Some of the DC-9 seats seriously need replacement too - feels like sitting against a board. Other A/C aren't bad though, the 319/320's are pretty comfortable.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 1:56 pm

On my last trip in Y, 4 segments total, I would describe the cleanliness as above average. The seat and floor were clean. I don't recall what the tray table was like.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 4:05 pm

#1171, BNA-MSP, 11/06/06
Sat in Y (exit row)
No complaints--I agree with the frequent comments that DC-9s tend to get grungy, but this one was acceptable--no crumbs in the seats, nothing extraneous in the pocket. You can only get a "vintage" airplane only so clean, I think.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 4:10 pm

Programs: Delta DM 2 Million Miler, Hilton DM, Priority Club Platinum
How clean was your most recent NW Flight? Reply to Thread

Waiting for the inbound on Saturday night which arrived 30 minutes late the gate agent informed us that we would be further delayed for the last flight out MSP-LGA, or if we wanted since it wasn't a large group to board without the aircraft cleaned and get home as soon as possible. Everyone voted to ride home rather than wait for the plane to be serviced.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.