Wiki Posts
Search

Infant on adult fare?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2006, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
Infant on adult fare?

Is it ok to buy an infant an adult fare on nwa.com? I don't think there is a discount on a K fare for an infant, and nwa.com doesn't seem to be able to handle a request for an infant in seat fare.
Old Oct 6, 2006, 4:23 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Originally Posted by lateacher
Is it ok to buy an infant an adult fare on nwa.com? I don't think there is a discount on a K fare for an infant, and nwa.com doesn't seem to be able to handle a request for an infant in seat fare.
This is one I can speak for, from experience... nwa.com has been able to handle a request for an infant in seat fare.

1/2-price infant seats apply to T-fare and above... they do not apply to K fares. Visit the "More Search Options" page, change the "Infant in seat (under 2 yrs)" to the number of infant seats (it's the fifth/bottom drop-down), and submit. The trick is to do pre-searches of all fares on that route, to identify if 1/2 the T fare is less then the entire K fare. I can definitively say that nwa.com will book an adult on T, and an infant-in-seat in 1/2 T (just checked online frequent flyer statements). Please let us know if you are able to book an adult into K, and an infant-in-seat into T.

Then you'll have to deal with every FA saying "you'll have to gate check that car seat and base", then deal with the envy of every other infant-in-lap parent on the flight... definitely will happen DTW-MCO. And... the infant earns frequent flyer milage for the flight.

I'll sell body parts (but can live with selling blood) before having an infant sitting in my lap for 2+ hours...

Steve B.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.