Wiki Posts
Search

Double eqms

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2006, 7:24 pm
myk

Programs: Hilton Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic
Originally Posted by troyintn
The EQMs are not that big a deal, but the miles are. I average 20 k a month. 10 - 15 k on NW. Double miles adds up quick.
I'll take double miles any day - double EQM is the only thing I would consider useless at my current stage in my flying career
Old Aug 21, 2006, 7:51 pm

It wouldn't surprise me to see a generous promotion if this FA strike comes to fruition.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
I'll be depressed since I've already bought enough tickets to reach our goals for this year, and most of the domestic runs are on DL. Then again, in a fit of temporary insanity, I might figure my wife should be a Plat, too.

Seriously, I don't see this happening unless bookings are way down or (the reason it happened last year) as a response to a competitor. Traditionally, NW has been very tight with EQM -- their elite levels are a reward for people who fly.
I will hit Plat again myself with my next flight in Oct if NW keeps flying. I vote for putting towards 2007!
Old Aug 21, 2006, 8:08 pm

Programs: Northwest Platinum
What may be more likely is the promotion they had later last year where if you were already an elite you could re qualify with x segments in a business fare between y and z dates. One of my family members made elite that way last year.

And despite flying Northwest regularly, my annual mileage has dropped each year over the past couple of years on NW, since I have moved more and more international travel away (if NW brings me the direct international flights I need, I'll go back). I would like a nice promotion that could give me Gold this year.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by humanoid94
It wouldn't surprise me to see a generous promotion if this FA strike comes to fruition.
Hey, no talking about the FA strike.

Old Aug 21, 2006, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by gldwebs
I have a 50k EQM MR in sept...so I hope so
Ok, I can't be the only FT-er drooling here. C'mon, spit the routing out...
Old Aug 21, 2006, 9:38 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Ok, I can't be the only FT-er drooling here. C'mon, spit the routing out...
ORD-DTW-YYZ-FCO(AZ in C)-AMS-DTW-SEA-HNL-SEA-DTW-ORD-DTW-SEA-HNL-SEA-DTW-AMS-MXP-YYZ(AZ in C)-DTW-ORD

Thats several NW tickets built around the AZ YYZ-LCA fare error that I got changed into YYZ-FCO/MXP-YYZ.
Old Aug 22, 2006, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by shiner
Hey, no talking about the FA strike.

Deleted my sarcastic post to make sure the moderators didn't get mad at me.

Can't we all just get along!!!

Maybe we should discuss the impending CHAOS troubles on the continental or delta forums.

With all the uncertanties about CHAOS, we really need some way to share information as it rolls out.

Last edited by Live4Miles; Aug 22, 2006 at 6:36 am
Old Aug 22, 2006, 9:05 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by Live4Miles
Deleted my sarcastic post to make sure the moderators didn't get mad at me.

Can't we all just get along!!!

Maybe we should discuss the impending CHAOS troubles on the continental or delta forums.

With all the uncertanties about CHAOS, we really need some way to share information as it rolls out.
Agreed. We need to be more civil and less confrontational. And we need some form of open commuication about CHAOS and related issues. It would seem as if NWA has forced this FT forum to button its lip until/unless its labor battles are settled. Surely that is not the impression the moderators intended.

But wow, this has gone completely OT. I clicked here to discuss double EQMs.

And as for double EQMs, I say don't do it. Too dilutive. The barrier to plat is already low at only 75k miles. Many of us are back in Y frequently as it is for DTW-SEA, DTW-SFO, and other elite-heavy routes.
Old Aug 22, 2006, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by KtownTraveler
Agreed. We need to be more civil and less confrontational. And we need some form of open commuication about CHAOS and related issues. It would seem as if NWA has forced this FT forum to button its lip until/unless its labor battles are settled. Surely that is not the impression the moderators intended.

But wow, this has gone completely OT. I clicked here to discuss double EQMs.
Perhaps TravelBuzz would be appropriate since ultimately, the outcome of CHAOS (or lack thereof) could have impact on the industry as a whole. It is too bad that the biggest frequent flyer community isn't allowed to address the one of the biggest issues in the industry - one that affects passengers significantly and one that is key to the survival of a major legacy carrier.

Oh, yes... As much as double EQM may help me personally, I too think it would be unwise to swell the elite ranks like they did last fall.
Old Aug 22, 2006, 12:03 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond/Million Miler; Mileage Plus Platinum; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum; Hilton Silver
I would like to see a double miles, but not a double EQM. I think it diluted the elite pool.
Old Aug 22, 2006, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by gldwebs
ORD-DTW-YYZ-FCO(AZ in C)-AMS-DTW-SEA-HNL-SEA-DTW-ORD-DTW-SEA-HNL-SEA-DTW-AMS-MXP-YYZ(AZ in C)-DTW-ORD

Thats several NW tickets built around the AZ YYZ-LCA fare error that I got changed into YYZ-FCO/MXP-YYZ.

Wow, very impressive. I got tired reading it. Can't imagine flying it. For miles or EQM's?
Old Aug 22, 2006, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Wow, very impressive. I got tired reading it. Can't imagine flying it. For miles or EQM's?
EQM - due to work changes I didnt fly enough for PE but will definitely need it next year. Since I had the AZ ticket and an expiring $1100 credit I thought what the heck...
Old Aug 22, 2006, 9:21 pm

Programs: KL Life Platinum, QF Platinum, OZ Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by myk
Other than getting you to a MM tier faster, what's the value of additional EQM's to a plat?

(Not being sarcastic, actually looking to learn your reasoning)
If I remembered well, the double eqm is on top of the regular elite bonus.
100% base miles, 125% elite bons miles, another 100% double eqm promo.
Total 325% flight miles.

There's really no special reason for additional eqm, just more miles.
325% better than 225%.

Other than the MM tier, do other FTers have other reasons to earn more eqms?
Old Aug 23, 2006, 8:34 pm

Programs: NW Plat, UA PE, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz PC, Delta Platinum Medalion.
Originally Posted by shiner
Perhaps TravelBuzz would be appropriate since ultimately, the outcome of CHAOS (or lack thereof) could have impact on the industry as a whole. It is too bad that the biggest frequent flyer community isn't allowed to address the one of the biggest issues in the industry - one that affects passengers significantly and one that is key to the survival of a major legacy carrier.

Oh, yes... As much as double EQM may help me personally, I too think it would be unwise to swell the elite ranks like they did last fall.
Does anyone have any idea just how much it did swell the Elite pool?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.