Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Using WorldClubs Card Internationally

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using WorldClubs Card Internationally

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2007, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, LH Senator, VA Velocity Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond
I was denied access to the AF lounge in MXP last Friday. The lady there was adamant about it being only for SkyTeam Elite Plus and WorldClubs is NOT accepted. I called the WC Svc Centre and received perhaps the WORST customer service possible. They had no contact information for this club at all. Then, the lady told me she was late for a meeting with other customer service people and asked me to hold. Suddenly a new person was on the phone and she had no clue what the issue was. It was as if she just put me on hold and said to the gal next to her, "Hey, phone call for you." and then hit transfer. I was not amused. Their manager did not return calls and was mysteriously "out of the office for 5 days in a row although many other employees said they'd seen her in the office. I am really fed up with this. WorldClubs has the best partner affiliations, but the WORST customer service in regards to this and they just don't educate their partner lounges like they should.
Old Oct 20, 2007, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
I will repeat once again that there are different lounges for ST Elite + members and "regular" WC members. Most lounges overlap, but there are several that do not and I see many of these issues posted here. Lounges listed on nwa.com are where you should use your WC Card, lounges listed on skyteam.com are where you need to show your Platinum Elite card.

Examples:

Athens: GoldAir lounge is for WC members, Alitalia lounge is for ST E+ pax.
CDG: AF's T2E lounge only is for WC members, all AF lounges are for ST E+ members
Old Oct 21, 2007, 12:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by The NWA kid
The "no frills" style THAI lounge in SIN refused to let me in for the time allotment of 3am to 6am with my Worldclub card unless I showed them a NWA boarding pass. I didn't check-in yet, because it was 3am. I was told to go check-in and then she would let me in. I said no you call NWA now, because you are not in authority to tell me when to check-in. She called and I was let in finally. I wish these lounges were informed properly from the start.
Is the Thai lounge at SIN only for those pax departing the same day? awe had trouble using it on arrival in April.
Old Oct 21, 2007, 6:03 am

Programs: Gold MileagePlus
I'm glad to know all the problems of access with the WorldClub card. I was thinking of buying one but am now doubtful. Who wants to hassle before or after a difficult travel day? The lounge is suppose to be a refuge not another travel problem.
Old Oct 21, 2007, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by dusdidt
I'm glad to know all the problems of access with the WP card. I was thinking of buying one but am now doubtful. Who wants to hassle before or after a difficult travel day? The lounge is suppose to be a refuge not another travel problem.
It depends on your routes. Any actual WC or NW hub is no problem at all (AMS and NRT for example). It gets a little dicey at partner lounges but I rarely get turned away (only once in 3 years) and frankly it was the same when I was a Red Carpet member with UA. The other confusing thing is that many of the partners have "Biz or FC only clubs". Even if you are a Red Carpet club member you can not use these unless you are in that class of service. NW/WC has a much more generic club approach but most others have these tiers. Generally speaking I do not think joining WC is most effective unless you do quite a bit of Domestic Travel. I find I spend far more time in US WC's than Int's and I do travel quite a bit internationaly.
Old Oct 21, 2007, 6:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, LH Senator, VA Velocity Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond
nroscoe : if you read my post clearly and all other posts in this thread which I started, you would see I was speaking about the AF lounge in Milan Malpensa, which is CLEARLY noted on the NWA WorldClubs Locations webpage as being the location available to WC members. I even have a printout from this website that I carry with me, but she refused to even look at it. I did receive an email from WC Svc Centre that acknowledged I should've been granted access, but wasn't.
Old Oct 21, 2007, 7:27 am
Original Poster

nroscoe: Notice, I said the AF lounge in Milan Malpensa. On the NW EC Locations page online, this is the lounge for WC Members. If you also read this thread, you'll see that I always carry and updated printout of this website with the locations with me.
Old Oct 21, 2007, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
dg4255: sorry for your troubles in MXP. My post was a general statement for everyone since there was a similar thread to this exact topic last week.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 2:25 pm

Programs: DL DM
Does anyone know if I buy a 60 day WC membership would I be able to get into the KLM one in Amsterdam with this thing?
Old Oct 24, 2007, 2:59 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by dynamok
Does anyone know if I buy a 60 day WC membership would I be able to get into the KLM one in Amsterdam with this thing?
Yup. You will be able to get into any club a regular member can get get into. When you purchase your 60-day membership, you'll get a lounge listing (same as the regular members get). You're good at any of those lounges.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 10:35 am

Programs: Everything and everywhere. Officially a nomad
Can we still get 10 minutes (I think that was it) of free internet acess at the Crown Club with PE card?
Old Jan 16, 2008, 10:07 am
Original Poster

So, I just did a fair amount of KLM/AF only travelling withing Europe the past month. In AMS, LHR, and FCO, I had no problems getting in just with my NW WorldClubs card. However, LIS and TXL gave me problems. Even with my printout of the list of locations from nwa.com, they were adamant that I show them a SkyTeam Elite+ card.
So frustrating.. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
However, NW did respond to me in regards to an email I sent back in October 2007 (see post #31 in this thread).

Mr. dg4255,
I'm very sorry that you have been experiencing troubles in our partner lounges in Europe. I'm well aware of the issues that members like you come up against. I understand that this is very frustrating for you, as it is for me.
I have contacted my counterparts at AF asking them to remind their staff and supervisors at all of their applicable lounges, and especially Milan Malpensa where you experienced your recent trouble, that WorldClubs members do in fact get access to these lounges. I also sent them a document that showed them images of the WorldClubs card so that they can familiarize their staff with what our WorldClubs card looks like.
We are working with Air France and our other SkyTeam partners to try to determine a solution that will enable these partners to keep their staff well informed of our agreements. I'm sorry that in the mean time this means you sometimes are turned away from partner lounges where you should be getting access.
We hope to have this issue resolved very soon. We appreciate your business and we are working towards serving you better.
Thank you for your feedback.

XXX XXXXXXX
Partner Manager
WorldPerks Airline Alliances & WorldClubs
Northwest Airlines

Last edited by dg4255; Jan 16, 2008 at 10:15 am
Old Apr 10, 2008, 10:58 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Has anyone used their WorldClub membership in the new terminals in PEK or PVG yet? Both airports opened new terminals and I'm not sure if there have been lounge access changes. For example, WC members have had access to the Air China lounge in Beijing. Now that Air China has moved to the new terminal (where NW does not fly), I wonder if there is access to the new Air China club...
Old Apr 10, 2008, 11:22 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
FYI, on my recent TPE check-in I was automatically given a lounge pass. Not sure if it was because I was E+ or because my WC card was right in my passport very much on display.

The CI agents were great and very efficient.
Old May 9, 2008, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
FYI, on my recent TPE check-in I was automatically given a lounge pass. Not sure if it was because I was E+ or because my WC card was right in my passport very much on display.

The CI agents were great and very efficient.
Last month, I checked in at TPE. The CI agent noticed my seat was in WBC so she handed me an invitation with my boarding pass but then she noticed my WBC seat was an OpUp and she took the invitation back straight from my hands. Damn Indian givers. LOL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.