Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Using WorldClubs Card Internationally

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using WorldClubs Card Internationally

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2007, 12:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, LH Senator, VA Velocity Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond
I received quite a few requests from people asking for the contact information at NW WC Service Centre. It seems that this is a larger problem than I thought. Again, don't hesitate to PM me for her information. The more people that speak up, the better chance we have of being heard.
Old Jun 15, 2007, 8:44 pm

Programs: NW 1MM, BD Gold, BA Gold, AA 1MM, LM, VX eleVAte, Hyatt D6, SPG Plat, Hertz President's
Originally Posted by dg4255
On one occasion when being denied access in Venice, I called the WorldClubs Service Center to be told by the automated telephone line that they were closed and wouldn't open until 7am Central Time. It was 820am Central Time according to the Local Time and Date website for Minneapolis/St. Paul.
Hahaha I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who experiences this. Welcome to the world of NWA!

I am, however, glad to hear there are at least a few GREAT CSRs left based on your experience. I recall the old days of a once great airline.
Old Jun 15, 2007, 9:31 pm

Programs: BA/BD Gold, UA Silver
I am considering buying a 3year membership to NW WC. Is it my understanding that the general concensus is that I am better off with them since they are being proactive about dealing with partner lounges than if I was to, say, sign up for CO PC?

ps. I don't care about alcohol, I'm more about free wifi.. are there any NW Worldclubs which do NOT have wifi?
Old Jun 15, 2007, 9:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
NWA needs to get KLM to reflect admittance for WC members on its lounge access policy guide: http://www.klm.com/travel/nl_en/imag...cm53-16579.pdf
Old Jun 16, 2007, 6:17 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Got admitted with my WC card and UA boarding pass. I tried to get a lounge pass at the NW checkin counter and was denied but the CI lounge did look up the rules of NW admittance and here I am and WHAT A LOUNGE!!!

This is what a first class lounge should be...oh wait, I was in the biz class lounge!!!

Noodle stand with many different Taiwanese style noodles made fresh to order, lots of steamed goodies, baked goods and snacks kept warm in a nice cabinet, lots and lots of beverage choices....multiple computers and free wifi from what I could tell, AWESOME

Last edited by NOLAnwGOLD; Jun 26, 2007 at 11:31 pm
Old Jun 17, 2007, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
I'm going to be flying in and out of FCO next week. I have a temporary membership (paper card). Any experience/tips for getting into the AZ or AF lounges?
Old Jun 17, 2007, 11:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, LH Senator, VA Velocity Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GBadger
I'm going to be flying in and out of FCO next week. I have a temporary membership (paper card). Any experience/tips for getting into the AZ or AF lounges?
Go to the NWA Lounge Locations website and print it out, in its entirety. You shouldn't have a problem at the AF lounge. I've been in several times without any problems. The AZ lounge is hit or miss. Sometimes, they question, sometimes no. The AF lounge is smaller, but MUCH nicer than the AZ lounge. Although the AZ lounge has a bartender (he isn't all that enthused about his job). The AF lounge has a nice view of 2 runways and you can sit and drink a champagne or french wine while watching a bunch of AZ MD80s soar loudly (and probably late) into the sky. If you wanna check out the AZ lounge, it's literally right across the hall. It is larger, but not nicer. However, they do have showers in the AZ lounge. You just need to ask the lounge dragon (usually, they are stunningly beautiful and young, so not so dragonish) for a shower kit with towel, etc.. These lounges are in the Schengen Zone Terminal B.
If you are going to Terminal C to the non-Schengen area, the AZ lounge is in the satellite terminal. It's hard to find, just keep following the signs and down the elevator. It has no view, isn't as nice, but it is a lounge, yes.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 7:26 pm

Programs: Skyclub lifetime, Priority Pass, HH Gold.
The "no frills" style THAI lounge in SIN refused to let me in for the time allotment of 3am to 6am with my Worldclub card unless I showed them a NWA boarding pass. I didn't check-in yet, because it was 3am. I was told to go check-in and then she would let me in. I said no you call NWA now, because you are not in authority to tell me when to check-in. She called and I was let in finally. I wish these lounges were informed properly from the start.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 7:34 pm

Programs: Lapsed DL North PE, now nothing
Originally Posted by kmbryant08
Recenty in CPH and had no trouble using my 60-day paper membership card at the club there...and i was on a SAS flight to AMS, not even KLM. She just pulled up my WP # and i was in, she even noted she had never seen one of those cards before.
I had a problem at CPH last year with my WorldClubs card. I paid for access when denied, and then sent the receipt to NWA. NWA refunded me and wrote me a letter that I showed the club the next time saying that I should have been given access. The several times I've been there since they have let me in no problem.

Kudos for NWA for working it out.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 11:15 pm
Original Poster

Again, if you are having problems, send me a PM and I will give you the personal email address of a lady at the WorldClubs Customer Service Centre. She will straighten it all out for you.
Old Jun 19, 2007, 9:53 am
mdb

In NCE - one side - the Schengen side has all the cards that they will admit on a poster on the wall - works pretty well.

On the other side - nothing and very sporatic hit or miss....
Old Jun 26, 2007, 5:18 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
Got admitted with my WC card and UA boarding pass. I tried to get a lounge pass at the NW checkin counter and was denied but the CI lounge did look up the rules of NW admittance and here I am and WHAT A LOUNGE!!!
It is phenomenal. It makes the T1 CI lounge look terrible
Old Jul 17, 2007, 8:00 am
Original Poster

I was just in AMS a few days ago and was denied entrance initially with my NW WC card at the Crown Lounge. Went to the Customer Service desk with my printout of the lounge access locations and spoke to a supervisor, who was nice enough to walk me back over to the lounge. He got a little snippy with the dragon (although she was probably not a day over 40 yrs old, she did breathe fire). Seems she was only working for about 30 minutes to cover for another lady who was on a break. Grrrrrrr.. How can NW fix this? I mean, this was KLM!! Their closest partner and ally!
Old Jul 17, 2007, 8:38 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dg4255
I was just in AMS a few days ago and was denied entrance initially with my NW WC card at the Crown Lounge. Went to the Customer Service desk with my printout of the lounge access locations and spoke to a supervisor, who was nice enough to walk me back over to the lounge. He got a little snippy with the dragon (although she was probably not a day over 40 yrs old, she did breathe fire). Seems she was only working for about 30 minutes to cover for another lady who was on a break. Grrrrrrr.. How can NW fix this? I mean, this was KLM!! Their closest partner and ally!
This is a rare occurance I believe. I transitted AMS 6 times last month and had ZERO trouble getting in (in any of the 3 lounges), with my 60-day temp card. I'm guessing that the KLM staff member you encountered was simply clueless.
Old Jul 17, 2007, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by GBadger
This is a rare occurance I believe. I transitted AMS 6 times last month and had ZERO trouble getting in (in any of the 3 lounges), with my 60-day temp card. I'm guessing that the KLM staff member you encountered was simply clueless.
I showed both my PLT card and my WC membership last month because I wanted to use the shower. They used to ask for both for shower, Internet freebie, etc. Anyone know what they expect for these items now? I'll be back there this weekend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.