Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Saab's are back in Flint

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2006, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Saab's are back in Flint

I just booked a flight out of Flint, and I see that the Saab's are back flying Flint to Detroit on some flights - yuck - why? Also, it looks like there are no more Flint/MSP flights - only to Detroit now. What gives?
Old Jul 22, 2006, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Wayne
Also, it looks like there are no more Flint/MSP flights - only to Detroit now. What gives?
ITA is showing fares and availability FNT-MSP out into February - that's as far as I checked.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 2:13 pm

Programs: Former NW PE, now DL DM
FNT-MSP is taking a "summer vacation" but will return in the Fall, I think shortly after Labor Day.

Same thing for LAN-MSP, IIRC.

However, MBS-MSP is still operating during the Summer months.

As for the Saab's, every RJ-85 that gets pulled from the schedule gets replaced by a CRJ, which in turn must be replaced by a Saab. Sort of a "trickle down" kind of thing. And as our beloved RJ-85's dwindle in numbers, there is going to be a lot of this trickling in the next few months. Brace yourselves for even fewer seats and even higher fares for awhile!!
Old Jul 22, 2006, 3:17 pm

Programs: DL Diamond Charter Member, 3 Million Miler, Hertz Pres Club, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mrcimino1
As for the Saab's, every RJ-85 that gets pulled from the schedule gets replaced by a CRJ, which in turn must be replaced by a Saab. Sort of a "trickle down" kind of thing. And as our beloved RJ-85's dwindle in numbers, there is going to be a lot of this trickling in the next few months. Brace yourselves for even fewer seats and even higher fares for awhile!!
Personally I prefer an "A" seat in a Saab to any seat in a CRJ.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1K, DL 1MM/Silver
Saabs have been back in FNT for several months now. 2x/day LAN too. NW pulled the MSP flights for 5-6 weeks starting again later this summer. Seems as if, however, I priced a FNT-XXX for later this fall and the MSP-FNT was an Airbus. That route has always been DC9-30 or smaller.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.