Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

25K WP Milies from Kenya to Seychelles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2006, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NWA, AA, UAL, Starwood, Marriott

Has anyone had any luck booking flights on Kenya Airways from Nairobi using NWA miles? How far out can you book flights? Are seats available?
I would like to fly from Nairobi Kenya to the Seychells (4 in family traveling together). Kenya Airways is listed under NWA partners and the award chart shows that it is only 25K to fly within Africa (a great deal). Has anyone done this?
Old Jun 3, 2006, 2:15 pm

Programs: PM - Delta, Hilton - Diamond
there's a recent thread on kenya airways - my experience is that they're great for award availability, and pretty terrible to fly.

Kenya Airways Thread
Old Jun 3, 2006, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
Strangely enough, I've heard quite the opposite, that KQ is a great airline to fly, but that was in biz.
Old Jun 4, 2006, 8:10 am

Programs: NWA WorldPerks
Flying KQ

I recently flew an award flight inolving NWA, KLM and Kenya. Kenya was the best of the class!
Old Jun 4, 2006, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. I will try to book. I don't mind if the service is poor as long as they get me there for 25K!
Old Jun 4, 2006, 1:15 pm

Programs: PM - Delta, Hilton - Diamond
the service isn't too bad when you finally get in the air (stay away from the sandwiches in economy), it's getting to that point.

Flying Kenya Airways is a sort of zen exercise in learning to tolerate nearly inhuman levels of frustration. Just assume that you won't actually be on the plane that you're supposed to be on and that everything will go wrong, and you'll be pleasantly surprised when things don't go quite that badly.

I've flown them several times around Africa, and have never had a trouble-free flight. The last time I flew, I got bumped coming and going and then they sent my bag to Greece.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Thank you all for your advice!
Old Jun 5, 2006, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by goodjls
Thank you all for your advice!
Has anyone tried to book 4 tickets at once? I have 4 in my family that need to travel together.
When I asked WP agent she said "Well you can probably only book 2 at first and then call us every day to see if you can get more and if you cannot just consider yourself lucky that you got at least 2 for free" She has to be kidding!
Old Jun 7, 2006, 7:37 am

Programs: UA
Yesterday I booked two open-jaw intra-Africa tickets on Kenya Airways to Seychelles using WP miles.

The flights are in October DAR-NBO-SEZ returning SEZ-NBO-LLW. As far as dates go, I had to make one concession on outbouand but otherwise it was open. Only 25k miles each but steep taxes $144pp!!! They had to be paper tickets as well. Still not bad for ticket that would price out for well around $1000.00 each if I'd bought them.

Used Silver elie rez line and the agent was very knowledgable and patient
Old Jul 24, 2006, 7:50 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Has anyone tried to use NW Worldwperks miles to Seychelles using partners Air France (to Paris) and Air Seychelles (ex-Paris to Mahe)? The Worldperks award agent told me today this is possible--100K for coach, 150K for business.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 2:33 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
You were more lucky than my family!

[Please keep in mind that I am a FB member i.o. WP]

Living in AMS we have planned a holiday to SEZ.
All Plats in the family, we were not able to get tickets on the NBO-SEZ flights for any date. However, this might have to do with the fact we were only looking for standard miles i.o. open-jaw.

Flying Air Seychelles through CDG, I am sure your experience will be better

Gajan

PS. Have a good time
Old Jul 25, 2006, 2:37 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by travelexpert
Has anyone tried to use NW Worldwperks miles to Seychelles using partners Air France (to Paris) and Air Seychelles (ex-Paris to Mahe)? The Worldperks award agent told me today this is possible--100K for coach, 150K for business.
It is possible with FB, so I presume it is possible with WP. On FB it is 60K miles (standard) for economy and 90K for business (I think).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.