Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EXCITING -- New drinkware!!!!

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2006, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
EXCITING -- New drinkware!!!!

Flew MSP-SFO on Sat. Was served my beer win a new glass -- thinner (lighter?) and barrel shaped (rather than cylindrical), and with the new logo in white, not blue.

And then a new coffee mug. Also thinner, with a pointy handle and the new logo.

So exciting!!! Returned yesterday, and it was back to the old stuff. So I guess it was one-day only.

And yes, I do need a life...
Old May 31, 2006, 11:02 am

Programs: nowadays: dl pm, formerly: hp plat/us cp/aa exp, nw plat
Quick! Someone grab a camera and post some pictures next time you see 'em...
Old May 31, 2006, 11:52 am

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
Originally Posted by nethak
SERIOUSLY!! ^
Old May 31, 2006, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Is the new coffee mug white with just the gray compass-style logo on it? The MSP concourse C WC was filled with them Saturday. They looked new but I wasn't sure if they had changed or if it was just my imagination.
Old May 31, 2006, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1K, DL 1MM/Silver
Just had the new beer glass for the first time DTW-MSP. The lady next to me was served her water in the old style glass. It's the same height as the old one, just slightly more barrell shaped with the new nwa logo on it.
Old May 31, 2006, 3:09 pm

Programs: NW Platinum Elite, *Wood Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
It's ok, I broke the news about the seat color changing on the reservations page...

And I also broke the news about the OLCI new seat map graphic...

You're not alone.

Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
Old May 31, 2006, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess we now know where all the extra money is going to from selling the RoachChoice(tm) seats. Next it will be a new NW logo or softer paper drink napkins (I hope).

MisterNice
Old May 31, 2006, 3:48 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond/Million Miler; Mileage Plus Platinum; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum; Hilton Silver
Flew MSP-SFO on Sat. Was served my beer win a new glass -- thinner (lighter?) and barrel shaped (rather than cylindrical), and with the new logo in white, not blue.

So exciting!!! Returned yesterday, and it was back to the old stuff. So I guess it was one-day only.

I saw it coming back from MEM to DTW on Monday. I was a little sad inside that I could notice something like that. Couple it with I was excited that I got the June Worldtraveler magizine two days earlier.. .now I need a life..
Old May 31, 2006, 3:54 pm

Programs: NW/Plat, Sheraton/Plat, Marriott/Plat, Emerald Exec Elite
I was served this glass a few weeks ago on a DTW-BUF flight.
Old May 31, 2006, 4:33 pm

Programs: NW Gold, United Premier, Hertz 5 Star, Priority Club PLT, Hilton Gold
stealing

Now we have to start stealing the old glass wear as momentos
Old May 31, 2006, 5:05 pm

Programs: nowadays: dl pm, formerly: hp plat/us cp/aa exp, nw plat
Originally Posted by sh9168
Now we have to start stealing the old glass wear as momentos
Nah, just buy them on eBay. I remember seeing a retired NWA employee selling the old glassware, shot glasses, etc.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 1:47 am

Programs: DL-Platinum / AS-PlatPro / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Diamond
Pics from my website...

I'm a fanatic about this stuff. Yet I consider myself to "have a life"

Added 2 pics to the NW page on my (small and under perpetual construction "airline museum") website.
http://www.hangar64.pair.com/main_NW/NW_home.html
Scroll to the bottom for the new stuff. I need to get busy since my collection has soooo much more than what I have on this page.
Also need to learn how to use my didgital camera for better pics

The mugs have been around a few months (silverware started showing up first). I had the drink glasses (no wine glasses yet) show up for the first time over the Memorial Day weekend. I think the new glass is thicker (others in this thread have said thinner) than the old ones.

So.... seeing the new glas for the 1st time...
I had to ask the Flight Attendant if I could have the glass since it had the new logo ( I also asked for another 'Rum-n-Coke' ..err.. 'Rum-n-Pepsi' ... yuk, but that's another discussion). She looked at me strange, said she didn't hear anything and that she also fails to see a lot of things. Brought my fresh cocktail in a fresh (new logo) glass along with a bunch of napkins. She somehow failed to then pick up my 'dirty' glass. Also failed to pickup my 2nd (now empty) glass when she did her 'final pre-landing cabin check'. I didn't want her to get into trouble so I secured this 'oversight' myself by placing it into my underseat carry-on bag

When do the new wine glasses come out ??
Steve

Last edited by steve64; Jun 1, 2006 at 1:51 am Reason: clarification
Old Jun 1, 2006, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold

OK, call me nuts.....I care less what I drink out of )as long as it is clean)...What is this obsession with glasses and dinnerware?

(It is not just NW is is all forums)
Old Jun 1, 2006, 10:02 am

Programs: CO, UA, who cares what level, that doesn't make me special, now does it?
Now if they would serve meals
Old Jun 1, 2006, 10:12 am

Programs: Delta
Nah, just buy them on eBay. I remember seeing a retired NWA employee selling the old glassware, shot glasses, etc.
The lead FA in first class let me keep one of the old mugs after I asked. I guess it does pay to look like a poor graduate student! I like the old logo much more than the new one. It certainly seems like a lot more thought went into its design.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.