Wiki Posts
Search

NW DTW-PHX loads... what's up?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2006, 5:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
NW DTW-PHX loads... what's up?

I'm on a NW DTW-PHX red-eye MR Wed night... what's up with the loads? The PHX-DTW red-eye is P3Y2... bump possiblity? The only downside is the 6am is sold-out (X'ed out in ITA), and the 9/11:30 flights are P3Y1 and P2Y2. If I get bumped, I might be in PHX for a while!

Is the season still going on, or is it start to get hot?

Thanks!

Steve B.
Old Apr 25, 2006, 7:46 am

Programs: NW World Perks, AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles
I did this run a lot for the last two years and its really a mix of people either coming down to AZ for vacations and snowbirds heading south for the winter. Theres a big community of retirees from the Big 3 in the area. Also, a lot of people use PHX as a jumping off point to Mexico.
Old Apr 25, 2006, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by josejsoe50
I did this run a lot for the last two years and its really a mix of people either coming down to AZ for vacations and snowbirds heading south for the winter. Theres a big community of retirees from the Big 3 in the area. Also, a lot of people use PHX as a jumping off point to Mexico.
Three things. One, getting away from the winter schedule may result in reduced frequency. Two, smaller aircraft. Three, greater Phoenix area is over 4 million people and yes, we do travel in the hot season too!
Old Apr 25, 2006, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MarcoPolosFootprints
Three things. One, getting away from the winter schedule may result in reduced frequency. Two, smaller aircraft. Three, greater Phoenix area is over 4 million people and yes, we do travel in the hot season too!
I do seem to see a 3pm or 6pm flight missing (6/9/12/10pm). But this is a 757, not a DC9, so a good quantity of people are being moved.

Oh, well, I get bumped, I don't get bumped... I still get the EQMs.

[EDIT] NW260/4-26 is now P3Y0. Sure could use that ECV...

Steve B.

Last edited by sbagdon; Apr 25, 2006 at 1:56 pm
Old Apr 25, 2006, 6:56 pm

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by sbagdon
If I get bumped, I might be in PHX for a while!
maybe, but they could always get you home on Delta or America West (think of all the extra EQM's for a forced Y fare on Delta through Atlanta !! )

anyway, my midweek LAS return flights in 2 weeks from now are looking the same, except some are already F0P0 and only a few Y.... sure would love to get stuck in The Vegas for an extra day...
Old Apr 26, 2006, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by baccarat_king
maybe, but they could always get you home on Delta or America West (think of all the extra EQM's for a forced Y fare on Delta through Atlanta !! )

anyway, my midweek LAS return flights in 2 weeks from now are looking the same, except some are already F0P0 and only a few Y.... sure would love to get stuck in The Vegas for an extra day...
All of the airlines are starting to push P1Y0 (respective to their airlines). We'll see, but tomorrow seems to be one of those odd days. And yes... Y via ATL would be sweet...

Looks like PHX is going to be a zoo today/tomorrow. My 7pm flight ex-DTW is P2Y0, and my 10pm ex-PHX is P1Y2. The 9/12 ex PHX are P0Y0, and tomorrow's ex-PHX is P1Y1 all day, and 12 is already P0Y0. Either PHX is going to be a zoo, or NW is getting real good at their load management

Steve B.

Last edited by sbagdon; Apr 26, 2006 at 4:07 am
Old Apr 26, 2006, 9:41 am

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
I fly out of PHX a lot and NW seems to be very good at predicting loads there. I often have P0Y0 and just "know" that I'm going to get a bump but very rarely do they actually need the seat.
Old Apr 27, 2006, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Both flights were packed (261/260), but left with 1 or 2 empty seats. Repeated FA announcements to utilize the foot space, point roller bags wheels-out, etc. OLCI upgrade on outbound, BF upgrade on return. And from experience... the 757 F seat is not designed to be sat in for 9 hours. I sure hope the HNL flights have more padding!

Steve B.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.