Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

NWA USA to PEK -- Is this hopeless?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2006, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

I want to try for a business class award ticket (or miles upgrade from coach) from any US city on NWA or any partner.

The catch is, I need to fly around the first of May.

Is it worth the effort or should I just suck it up and buy a ticket? Any tips?

On a related note, has anyone managed to redeem WP Miles for a China Southern flight?

Thanks!
Newbie Char
Old Apr 7, 2006, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Oh, I forgot to mention I only have 155K -- not enough for a rule-buster.

Originally Posted by bluetik
I want to try for a business class award ticket (or miles upgrade from coach) from any US city on NWA or any partner.

On a related note, has anyone managed to redeem WP Miles for a China Southern flight?

Thanks!
Newbie Char
Old Apr 7, 2006, 6:58 pm

Programs: AA PLT/3MM, UA GM/1MM, DL DM/1MM, FB Plat, AS MVP Gold, WN AList+
Overall...I'd rate your chances as not good.

Overall - NWA standard (cheap) award availability to Asia in WBC is not good.

That said there is always some availability that might open at the last moment.

I'd really just buy the ticket if you really need to go.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 6:59 pm
trd

Programs: DL Platinum; Hyatt Diamond
Welcome to FlyerTalk. Although a seat may open up at the last minute -- don't count on it. Call NW, especially if you are an elite member, the agents can sometimes find seats not showing up on the web site. It could be that coach seats are available for segments that WBC is not. I just made an award reservation that showed no WBC availability . . . but when talking to an agent she found that while First/business was not available from MKE-DTW, it was available for my segments DTW-KIX, NRT-DTW, and DTW-MKE. I can certainly live with coach for a one hour flilght . . and might still be upgraded. So keep working on it. It is to late to get any discounted business class "Z" fares which have to be purchased 50 days in advance (when they are available). So now it's only big bucks or going through a consolidator.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by bluetik

Thanks!
Newbie Char
First week of May is golden week in China. Not a good time to go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.