Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DTW WC Wifi problems

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2006, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
DTW WC Wifi problems

DTW's WC wi-fi has basically been out today. Is this a usual thing or just a bad day?
Old Feb 9, 2006, 2:39 pm

Location: MHT, DL DM & now KM!/ formerNW Plat /HH Diamond/SPG plat
It was working fine for me this morning. I was in the main WC from
5:30am - 9:00.
Must have gone down later in the day. Probably just temporary.
Old Feb 9, 2006, 7:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, DL Diamond & 2M Miler, Marriott Titanium
Actually I think the outage only affected the club near A67. At least that's what they told me yesterday when I couldn't find a signal. FWIW, the router is near the check-in desk, so the seats around that area will have the best reception. I've found access challenging to say the least in other parts of the club.
Old Feb 9, 2006, 8:16 pm

Programs: DL, Mariott Rewards
Worked just fine for me this morning.
Old Feb 9, 2006, 8:37 pm

Programs: NW
2 cents

I have found it down on occasion and gotton the error "too many users" too
Old Feb 9, 2006, 8:58 pm

Programs: NW, MR SE,
DTW WC WiFi access

Originally Posted by BNAChairman
FWIW, the router is near the check-in desk, so the seats around that area will have the best reception. I've found access challenging to say the least in other parts of the club.
I think this is true since the acess near the soft drink dispenser area with the fireplace is quite poor at either of the end clubs. Whereas sitting area near gate 18 and gate 66 has relatively good signal. Go figure.

HJ
Old Feb 9, 2006, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Just a followup - I was at the A67 club when I posted this but I had issues in the main WC earlier. I was in the main club when around 11AM I lost my connectivity. After that point I could get a signal but couldn't get an IP address. They told me it was over-loaded. So I grabbed lunch and went down to the club near A67 and got the same thing. Signal quality was sort of medium there but I got connected - just couldn't get an IP address again. Several people around me were having the same issue. They tried resetting the router a few times to no avail so I ended up paying the $8 to get on the airport's net to do my work.
Old Feb 9, 2006, 11:14 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (MobilePhone SCP-5400/US/1.0) NetFront/3.0 MMP/2.0)

it's a regular Linksys wireless router, like one would have at home, so it makes sense to me it would get overloaded easily.

(I wonder if they're using a residential-grade DSL line, too?)
Old Feb 19, 2006, 8:28 pm

Location: NWA Platinum, PC Platinum, HH Gold, Radisson elite, Hertz #1 Gold; National Emerald, Wausau, WI
I couldn't get online from the DTW center WorldClub this evening and I know it's not my computer -- (since it worked fine at the President's Club at Gatwick and flawlessly when I returned home, where I also use Wi-Fi) -- so it looks like they definitely have an issue going there. Also, the club wasn't all that crowded.
Old Feb 19, 2006, 8:33 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
I had a problem in the WC club there last week (same issue could see the connection but then not connect). I was able to do a repair on my wireless network (right click on the wireless icon in your sys tray and choose repair) and it seemed to then have no problem. The system needed to assign its own IP and needed to be forced to dump the last one in your puter (what repair did)
Old Feb 19, 2006, 9:40 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond/Million Miler; Mileage Plus Platinum; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum; Hilton Silver
I had issues at the main club around 1.00p.
Old Feb 19, 2006, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
I also took LGW-DTW (but on Fri the 17th). Got to DTW and the WiFi connection went through but kept disconnecting every five minutes. Very annoying. It would be out for 30 seconds and then come back. There were a ton of people in the club as usual. (This is the club just after getting through immigration).

-RM
Old Feb 20, 2006, 10:56 am

Programs: AA-2MM Lifetime Platinum
I flew out to MNL on 1/27 and the wireless worked flawlessly in the ORD club. At the DTW club, I could see the network and my computer said it was connected, but all I got on the screen was the blank "unable to access." I never did get it to work. Returning on 2/13, the wireless worked at the MSP club, although it was slow and I got disconnected about every 5 minutes.
Old Feb 20, 2006, 11:27 am

Location: MHT, DL DM & now KM!/ formerNW Plat /HH Diamond/SPG plat
Originally Posted by Paul3456
At the DTW club, I could see the network and my computer said it was connected, but all I got on the screen was the blank "unable to access." I never did get it to work. .
I had that problem this past weekend.
One thing I always do when I can't connect, is ask a few others in the club with laptops open, if they are connecting. This weekend, ONE person was on, the rest of us had the above experience (the computer can "see" the network, but couldn't get any data through it) In a few minutes, it all went "out", then five minutes later came up and we could all get on. So they obviously rebooted the system.

Despite the obviously glitches in the system at DTW, I'm still happy to have it!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.