Wiki Posts
Search

Swan SONG

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2005, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM; Sheraton's Vistana BOD; SPG Gold
Swan SONG

Delta has announced that it will discontinue SONG in May, 2006, incorporating their flights into the regular Delta schedule. This should be good news for NW flyers since SONG flights do not qualify for NW mileage credit.
Old Oct 28, 2005, 12:01 pm

Programs: NW Gold Elite
6" TVs and colorful seats for sale, anyone?
Old Oct 28, 2005, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by ATP Pilot
6" TVs and colorful seats for sale, anyone?
They're keeping the TVs. not sure about the seats. And they're going to be putting better seats and IFE in some of the mainline fleet, too.

But who cares about IFE? I will finally be able to earn EQMs while flying nonstop from LGA or JFK to Florida!
Old Oct 28, 2005, 10:10 pm

Programs: CO Silver, HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver
http://news.delta.com/article_displa...rticle_id=9941

The plan to merge Song into the Delta travel experience includes:
· Adding 26 first-class seats to Song’s existing fleet of 48 Boeing 757-200 aircraft, making the service more attractive to business travelers and significantly enhancing revenue opportunities.
· Converting an additional 50-plus Delta aircraft to two-class Song service, complete with all-leather seating and new interiors throughout.
· Expanding state-of-the-art personal digital in-flight entertainment to all 100-plus aircraft, with 24 channels of live television, 10 on-demand video channels, interactive video games and MP3 programming that allows customers to create their own play lists from an inventory of more than 1,600 songs.
· Offering this exclusive Song service initially on all transcontinental Delta flights beginning fall 2006 and expanding the service to include all routes over 1,750 miles over two years.
· Incorporating Delta’s new uniforms, improved snack service and award-winning SkyMiles® program to offer customers the best value in transcontinental travel.
Wow, this makes 400 posts.
Old Oct 28, 2005, 10:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Yeah, it looks like DL is improving their product on transcon and key flights. They obviously feel a better product will sell. I hope it does!

Steve
Old Oct 28, 2005, 11:00 pm

Programs: SPG Gold,United 2P
Originally Posted by sllevin
Yeah, it looks like DL is improving their product on transcon and key flights. They obviously feel a better product will sell. I hope it does!

Steve

I hope it catches on , I just got back from my second RT on SONG and the fruit and cheese snack I got was even better than the one United served me last year in First. I rather $5 for the snack than an extra ?$400 for a domestic first...........and a snack.
Old Oct 29, 2005, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
This is a very smart move on Delta's part and it puts pressure on NW to ADD IFE, hip amenities & upgrade their aircraft...

I wonder how our good, but very "blue collar" airline will respond?
Old Oct 30, 2005, 6:15 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nroscoe
This is a very smart move on Delta's part and it puts pressure on NW to ADD IFE, hip amenities & upgrade their aircraft...

I wonder how our good, but very "blue collar" airline will respond?
Unfortunately I think it will be with more schedule cuts. At the moment they are worried about international and improving WBC. Maybe they can cut themsevles to profitability, but very few companies can do that, let alone long term.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.