Wiki Posts
Search

KLM Amenity Coupons on NW Flight

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2005, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Dl mm (Gold), Marriott Patinum, UA Silver
KLM Amenity Coupons on NW Flight

Recently, we made a trip through Amsterdam on our way to Venice, and encountered delays both ways.....outbound flight was late about three hours, and received "customer relations bonus" of 2500 miles...posted automatically, and also received a letter from Northwest apologizing.

On return NW 55 was delayed about five hours, and involved a change in aircraft. Upon reboarding, KLM handed out amenity packs....too late to use for phone calls, but included standard 2000 mile coupon. My question relates to how to get the miles. The instructions do not indicate where to mail the coupons to receive credit....the back talks about signing up for FB, with an address in France.

Can anyone give adivce, or should I just hold on to them until my next flight and give them to a gate agent?

Also, the PD001 vouchers indicate 50 Euros...anyone have experience with what actually gets applied to a NW ticket?

Thanks for any advice.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 11:26 am

Programs: DL GM
No advice here, just a realization that I did something stupid. I had a 3-hour delay on a KL IST-AMS flight recently. I spent the delay in the non-KL-owned business class lounge. Several times, an announcement was made that KL passengers should go to the gate to get refreshments during the delay. I suppose they were giving out amenity packs, not standing there serving coffee and sandwiches. I should have gone down to the gate to get one! Silly me.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 11:32 am

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Titanium
You can send the coupon to the NW service center (address on nwa.com - contact us).

As for the E50 - its about $60 and works well (except it is a paper voucher and needs to be manually delivered
Old Oct 19, 2005, 3:36 pm

Programs: DL PM, Multi-year NW PE, CO SE, Former F9 Ascent
I just used the same amenity pack, 50 Euros off a flight costing 150 Euros or more. It took a couple of transfers on the Gold/Platinum elite line to get to an agent who could figure out how apply the discount voucher. A confirmation number for the itinerary was issued, but an e-ticket will not be issued until they receive the voucher (the agent will give you the address). Once they receive it, the ticket will be issued and your credit card charged for the remaining balance. Be sure to make a coupe of the voucher in case it is lost.
Old Jan 24, 2006, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Dl mm (Gold), Marriott Patinum, UA Silver
Use of KLM PD001

As posted by another frequent traveller, use of the KLM PD001 is different than the NWA certificate with same number. The NWA certificate can only be used at NWA.com.

KLM PD001 50 euro certificates can only be processed by an international agent...so if you call an elite line, ask for a transfer to one. Then, as mentioned in the earlier post, they will hold the reservation you make until they receive the certificate (s), with the reservation number written on them. Then they will issue e-tickets.

Unfortunately, even though these reservations cannot be processed on line, they will still charge the "booking convenience fee".
Old Jan 24, 2006, 10:59 am

Programs: DL, ZSR, MHD ;)
I usualy send KLM PD001s to NWA as a snail mail and ask them to send me back an NWA e-cert of equivalent value. I already did this 2x. It takes about 4 weeks to get it back.
Old Jan 24, 2006, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
Originally Posted by Jano
I usualy send KLM PD001s to NWA as a snail mail and ask them to send me back an NWA e-cert of equivalent value. I already did this 2x. It takes about 4 weeks to get it back.
This is the best idea I've heard so far. I have a couple of PD001s that I've tried to use twice but no luck.

First time, booked a ticket via NW PE agent for a flight HUY-GFK (Humberside, England to Grand Forks, ND). PE agents said to bring certs to HUY airport so tkt could be issued. Drove the 30 mi to the airport, dumba$$ ServisAir agents couldn't figure out what to do with it. Basically ended up with NWA on the phone blaming ServisAir and ServisAir blaming KLM's system. In the end just gave up and decided to use for a future trip.

Then we found we needed to go to Kansas City for a wedding this Feb. Okay, went to KLM.com, found the flights and dates we wanted. But no way to apply a PD001 cert on KLM.com. So called the KLM reservations line, who took the cert numbers, confirmed the tickets, and gave me an address to send the vouchers. A few days later, I got a phone call from the same KLM agent. He tells me that the vouchers can only be applied to published fares, and that the V-class tickets I reserved aren't published. Which I guess is true, as the only place those fares come up is on the KLM website. The cheapest published fares were over 50 more per ticket, thus completely negating the value of the vouchers and then some. So I got the vouchers back in the mail .
Old Jan 24, 2006, 2:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
Forgot to ask... do you call first or just send the certs in without asking? What address do you use? Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 24, 2006, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What do you get in return in terms of face value and restrictions? I have one of the KL ones and am curious.
Old Jan 24, 2006, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by TrayflowInUK
Forgot to ask... do you call first or just send the certs in without asking? What address do you use? Thanks in advance.
I mail the pd001 certificates with a 1 page letter explaining how I got it and what went wrong with the service to this address
http://www.nwa.com/plan/comm12.html
Old Jan 24, 2006, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
What do you get in return in terms of face value and restrictions? I have one of the KL ones and am curious.
I got both in VIE for delayed luggage when flying TYS-VIE. Both were for 25. For the first one I got $35 back, for the second one I got two $25 back (in this case I was on an YEERT/BEERT fare).

Restrictions: they are pd968, min roundtrip fare $75 or more, need to be used within 1 year and there is a whole bunch of NW/KL/CO flighs numbers that these travel discount certificates could be applied to.
Old Jan 24, 2006, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks a lot, Jano, for the information.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Hate to bump an old thread, but this appears to be the best discussion of KLM's PD001's.

Does Jano's way of handling this still work (apparently mail to customer care in Minot, ND)? Has anyone done this lately (14 mos. later)?

I got both in VIE for delayed luggage when flying TYS-VIE. Both were for 25. For the first one I got $35 back, for the second one I got two $25 back (in this case I was on an YEERT/BEERT fare).

Restrictions: they are pd968, min roundtrip fare $75 or more, need to be used within 1 year and there is a whole bunch of NW/KL/CO flighs numbers that these travel discount certificates could be applied to.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Yes, I used these same vouchers a week ago or so. I don't know if it was a Minot address or not. I can check for you if it's important. As noted on the other thread, they do ask when you received the vouchers, so make sure you know the answer. Not a bad discount (About $65 on a $210 fare).
Old Oct 10, 2007, 3:15 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Bump.

Can these be issued and surrendered at the airport or do they have to be sent in?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.