Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Fly the Extra Mile - Targeted Promo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2005, 11:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, United Plat, AA Plat, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat

I hate to the be the dope who posts a duplicate thread, but I didn't find anything else related. I just received the following email from NWA:
WorldPerks knows that our Elite members go to great lengths to reach their desired Elite status each year. Since you are either very close or have reached Gold Elite status for the 2006 program year, we want to reward you for flying the extra mile this year. If you can attain 70,000 Elite Qualifying Miles by December 31, 2005, WorldPerks will reward you with 20,000 Bonus Miles!

Register today and finish 2005 with an account balance of 70,000 Elite Qualifying Miles, and WorldPerks will reward you with 20,000 Bonus Miles.

This exclusive offer is made possible by your regular subscription to NWA E-mail. NWA E-mail allows WorldPerks to deliver this offer, Northwest Airlines fare deals and other valuable promotions fast and directly to your in-box.

We hope you take advantage of this great offer and we look forward to rewarding your extra effort. Thank you for your continued loyalty to Northwest Airlines.

Sincerely,

Jim Cron
Vice President
Passenger Marketing and Sales
Tried to register, though, and it said it wasn't valid for my WorldPerks number (odd, since the sent the email to me with my WP number displayed...).
Old Sep 20, 2005, 12:00 am

Programs: NW Gold
I got also got this but was not able to register for it either.
I will try again tomorrow.
Old Sep 20, 2005, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Congratulations. I wish I was targeted for this one.

I suspect we will see many of these bankruptcy motivated promotions in the coming weeks. Management will certainly want to see more people flying the Red Tail.
Old Sep 20, 2005, 1:21 am
RKG

I received this e-mail promo yesterday. I was able to register with no problem. 20,000 extra miles in the account doesn't hurt! I am not sure why I was targeted - I have made platinum each of the past 8 years. Thanks NWA!!
Old Sep 20, 2005, 3:10 am

Programs: Amex Centurion, UA 1K, *wood Plat
There must be a glitch in their system. I got the email as well just four hours ago. Since I have 74,976 2005 Elite Qualifying Miles in my account, this seems like a (excuse me George) "slam dunk." The NWA system replied: We are sorry, the WorldPerks number entered is not eligible for this promotion. This offer was created specifically for the WorldPerks member who received the promotion and only the WorldPerks number listed on the promotion piece may be registered. The offer may not be transferred to other WorldPerks members.
Old Sep 20, 2005, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mine came in at 0800 today. Get 70K by Dec 31 and we give you 20K.

One wonders what hidden Rules and Regulations come with this latest promo as came buried with the recent 2X Extreme Promo.

MisterNice
Old Sep 20, 2005, 4:54 am

Location: NWA Platinum, PC Platinum, HH Gold, Radisson elite, Hertz #1 Gold; National Emerald, Wausau, WI
I got the e-mail and tried to register. No dice. I'll give it another shot, but if it doesn't come up correctly in a day or two, I think I will have print it out and mail it or something. Nothing like inviting you to participate and then telling you you're not eligible, huh?
Old Sep 20, 2005, 5:01 am

Programs: NW/Plat, Sheraton/Plat, Marriott/Plat, Emerald Exec Elite
Same here. Tried to register twice and rejected both times. I think the fact that I already have 82,000 miles this year might be the reason. Too bad--it would have been an easy 20k. Have to wonder why I would have been targeted for this promo since you think they would have seen I have Plat sewn up for next year. Got it by segments (134 to date).
Old Sep 20, 2005, 5:10 am

Programs: AS Gold/SPG Gold/Hertz PC
anyone car to post a link?
Old Sep 20, 2005, 5:25 am

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
No dice for me either... I rec'd the targeted email as a platinum w/ under 60k EQMs but I got the same error msg as everyone else.
Old Sep 20, 2005, 5:31 am

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
Originally Posted by TrayflowInUK
No dice for me either... I rec'd the targeted email as a platinum w/ under 60k EQMs but I got the same error msg as everyone else.
FWIW, I have emailed Talk To Us... it'd be pretty poor form for NWA to refuse to honour a targetted promo! They're not really in a position to piss off any elites right now.
Old Sep 20, 2005, 5:33 am
RKG

Originally Posted by MisterNice
Mine came in at 0800 today. Get 70K by Dec 31 and we give you 20K.

One wonders what hidden Rules and Regulations come with this latest promo as came buried with the recent 2X Extreme Promo.

MisterNice
MisterNice, were you able to register for this promo?
Old Sep 20, 2005, 5:38 am

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Originally Posted by RKG
MisterNice, were you able to register for this promo?
Hey All:

Same thing here. Got the e-mail tried to register and no dice. Why on earth would they e-mail us this targeted promotion and then not let us register? Looks like a call to the Elite Line is in order again. Been doing that a lot lately!LOL I'll report back what I hear.
Old Sep 20, 2005, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Thumbs up Thank You Nwa

I got the email this morning and successfully registered.

At this point I have 56K EQM and have an upcoming trip to Asia in Oct. which would put me over 75K EQM anyway.

Easy 20K miles
Old Sep 20, 2005, 6:23 am

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Strangely enough, I received this targeted promo AND was able to successfully sign up for it...
After my CO trip to MAD at the end of this month, I'll be plat, so here comes 20,000 bonus miles! (unless NWA decides that the 70,000 miles in my account must be from NWA-operated flights, or some other lame excuse like they've used in the 2xEQM promo...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.