Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Anyone successful in cashing WP miles for summer 2006?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2005, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

I have been a VERY regular caller to the WP Elite desk to cash in some miles for a summer 2006 trip. Until this week, the answer was "they haven't been released yet" - I'm looking for standard coach seets. This week, I got a variety of responses that made it appear they have been released and I missed it. Given my frequent attention to this, that seems unlikely.

Has anyone successfully cashed in some miles for a trip in summer of 2006?

TD
Old Aug 26, 2005, 12:48 pm

Programs: Delta PM; Sheraton's Vistana BOD; SPG Gold
Got standard coach from New York to Munich in May 2006 and New York to London in July 2006! The only negative was the departing flights were out of Newark. Both were booked online.
Old Aug 26, 2005, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
NW agents are not authoritative as to when partners release the seats.

So if you were insisting on flying NW only, perhaps the answer you got was correct. If you're able to fly a partner, they should just check and not spread misleading info like that.
Old Aug 26, 2005, 1:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: UNITED 2K HILTON DIAMOND
In an effort to "protect my miles" from whatever happens at NW. I booked 2 standard WBC for the month of april on partners. Paper tix. SEA-Mia on alaska and MIA-MXP on Alitalia. RT
Old Aug 26, 2005, 1:35 pm
kxs

Programs: NW SE
Wow, really weird results for me... trying DTW-AMS late June 06, return mid July. Looking for standard award I get 1 open date in biz outbound, HALF of July has open return seats in Biz! Not a single standard coach seat in sight..
(and I am searching for "Best Available")

This is completely opposite of what I've seen before, booking around 1 year in advance I've always found a bunch of outbound standard coach in June, and one lonely return seat in July. July and August are usually IMPOSSIBLE for standard return seats. Atleast that's my experience...
Old Aug 26, 2005, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rwill11
In an effort to "protect my miles" from whatever happens at NW. I booked 2 standard WBC for the month of april on partners. Paper tix. SEA-Mia on alaska and MIA-MXP on Alitalia. RT
How is this possible?

MisterNice
Old Aug 26, 2005, 1:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MisterNice
How is this possible?

MisterNice
SkyTeam partners and a nice agent on the Plat line Who used a little finesse ^
Old Aug 26, 2005, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by rwill11
From a legal standpoint, you're not protected whatsoever. Should NW fold, any 012 tickets (paper or not) would be officially worthless.

Whether your carrier accepts them as a gesture of goodwill is another story. But technically whatever sense of security you have by doing this is a false one.
Old Aug 26, 2005, 2:10 pm
Suspended

very interesting

Originally Posted by channa
From a legal standpoint, you're not protected whatsoever. Should NW fold, any 012 tickets (paper or not) would be officially worthless.

Whether your carrier accepts them as a gesture of goodwill is another story. But technically whatever sense of security you have by doing this is a false one.
Well I think Ill be ok. Thanks for the info channa. When I looked into this the options were pretty scary. KLM may get separated from NW, Delta may be a carcass, Nonepass never has availability so I hope I picked the the best choice.
Old Aug 26, 2005, 2:29 pm

I booked two tickets to Peru for June 2006. I really want to go in August, but I didn't want to wait.
Old Aug 26, 2005, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA-2MM Lifetime Platinum
I booked a WBC standard award from Chicago to Manila for July '06 with no problem. Booked online at 12 midnight 352 days out.
Old Aug 26, 2005, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Red face Standard WBC Award to Shanghai

I booked standard WBC award ticket BOS-DTW-NRT-PVG for July 2006. ^ ^
Old Aug 26, 2005, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I booked a RTW Biz award that included dates in the early summer. 14 legs (for now), 6 contenents, all FC or Biz class.

I did have to change some dates a day or two, and take a few extra connections to get Biz class on the tickets I wanted, but nothing too horrible.
Old Aug 26, 2005, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I booked a RTW Biz award that included dates in the early summer. 14 legs (for now), 6 contenents, all FC or Biz class.

I did have to change some dates a day or two, and take a few extra connections to get Biz class on the tickets I wanted, but nothing too horrible.
How many miles for that? How many partner airlines?
Old Aug 26, 2005, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
Originally Posted by BOS-NWA
How many miles for that? How many partner airlines?
and most importantly, what routing?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.