Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Does NW keep a "frequent complainer" list?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does NW keep a "frequent complainer" list?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2005, 5:31 pm

Programs: NW, Marriott, Starwood
Originally Posted by Lindisfarne
I think you can pay for a confirmed seat on a later flight same day as original flight; didn't NW institute a $25 fee for something like this? Perhaps you don't want to pay, but the only way I'd risk not taking my scheduled earlier flight is if I had a guaranteed seat on a later flight (unless I knew there were at least 2 flights that were less than 80% full) - otherwise, you may get stuck paying a much higher price to get home.
I know about the $25 thing - that was my point with the complaint. I'm happy to pay the money.......my point is and why I complained (also in another thread) is that you CAN'T pay to guarantee standby for a LATER flight because the window is flights departing 3 hours at the time you check-in - just about IMPOSSIBLE to standby for any later flight - so therefore you may not get where you are going.

Sorry for going off topic.......but I do understand and don't like the policy, hence complaint #1 to NW.
Old Aug 5, 2005, 8:11 pm

Programs: WorldPerks
Well if they have one, I'm close to the top .
Old Aug 5, 2005, 9:45 pm

Programs: WP Silver, Priority Club Gold
Originally Posted by BowdiKa
I know about the $25 thing - that was my point with the complaint. I'm happy to pay the money.......my point is and why I complained (also in another thread) is that you CAN'T pay to guarantee standby for a LATER flight because the window is flights departing 3 hours at the time you check-in - just about IMPOSSIBLE to standby for any later flight - so therefore you may not get where you are going.

Sorry for going off topic.......but I do understand and don't like the policy, hence complaint #1 to NW.

Sorry for keeping it off topic...but the only time the $25 works is if you are in a spot that has a flight through an alternate HUB (MSP or DTW) to your final destination...and often the arrival time difference is minimal (one hour) - OR - You are flying in between ORD and a hub or inbetween hubs. It is a flawed feature.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.